Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first 1940's look

AirborneSally

New in Town

ohairas

Call Me a Cab

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OMG girl, I work in St.Peters :eek: ... just come in my salon and let me do your rolls for ya, lol!

Nikki

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge, Airborne Sally. I don't think I have to reiterate that your outfit is cute. plus you wouldn't wear it if you didn't think it was lol. I too am in search of some coats and hats. Ebay is definitely a good place for that. I'll keep you in mind while I'm ebaying, I do it pretty much all day long.. every day.. lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
AirborneSally said:
thanks so much! I was really worried that I wouldnt look very 1940's, but everyone loves it, my reenacting unit really loves it lol
And it gets to be a lot more fun the more you learn and the more you perfect 'the look' :D For me, it's been the hair, to finally be at a point where I can say 'AHA!' and like what I see has been a major accomplishment!

AirborneSally

New in Town
yeah, i know what you mean. i just figured out how to do other types of curls so i'm trying that today and will take more pics. I'm also doing some 40's make up to go with it. I think I will be happy with it when im done!

jugband1

New in Town
St. Peters!?!?!?!

Where do you work in St. Peters Ohairas? I will definitely come in for a style every now and then (I am in Belleville IL) very close. I would love to have someone show me a few vintage hairstyles that can work with my hair, and watch carefully so I can attempt it myself. I am lousy at it!

Kate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic