Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Borsalino, and it was free!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
2006 is having a better comeback than hats, but not as good of one as articles about hats making a comeback, or threads about articles about hats making a comeback.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
After a long time offline, I'm back with a pic of my new hat:

IMG_6250.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's the story:

A friend of mine works in a goodwill/thrift store type of place. I had looked there before and not really found anything worthwhile. Anyhow, the other day she and her husband stopped by to visit, and just as they were leaving, she said she had something for me in her car. To my surprise, she pulled a hatbox out of the back seat. It was a Stetson hatbox, but when I opened it up, inside was a grey Borsalino. I figured that, with my luck, it probably wouldn't fit, but when I tried it on, it seemed just about right. Needless to say, I thanked her repeatedly. That's what friends are for.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Any way to guess the vintage on it? It has a few slightly dirty spots on it, but the inside is clean. It fits a bit differently from my only other "real hat" (an old Open Road clone), but I think it looks pretty decent.

--G.R.

Thought that pic should show up again on page 3 . . .

If one believed in past lives and eventual reconnections, one might aver that a reunion had occurred. Beautiful manna from you-know-where. Enjoy, and wear it in good health!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats