Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Custom Hat!! (thanks Art!)

HLSheppard

Familiar Face
OK - I'm not too proud to admit that I actually took time off of work to get over to my local Post Office to get this! :D

It's my second "real" hat (the first being an Akubra Federation, which I dearly love). However, let me just say, that this is SO soft and SO well made... The attention to detail is simply stunning (and I had high expectations).

It started as a Sportaire model, but with some guidance from Art, I now own something that is truly special. Since Art knew that I wanted to be able to wear the hat basically everywhere - we decided to leave the brim unbound. Also, we kept the color natural (a very light tan), but went with a "chocolate ribbon."

When Art e-mailed me to tell me it was shipping, he told me there would be a "little surprise" that he hoped I would like. One look at the bow and I think you'll all understand why I have NO complaints! :eusa_clap

I have received numerous compliments on it at work and it has actually cause a few of my coworkers to "break out their fedoras." I'm loving this! heheh.

Thank you, Mr. Fawcett. I'm sure we'll speak again. :cheers1:

Here it is - fresh out of the box:

pictures029.jpg

pictures028.jpg

This is a very accurate representation of the color.

pictures031.jpg

The exquisite detail of the interior:

pictures030.jpg

A proud papa...

pictures035.jpg

pictures033.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Art is on a roll.

Wow, look at the dramatic sweep to that brim. The contrasting ribbon is nice as well.

That is a beautiful hat and also an excellent representation as to why I always ask people to put their hats on. Look at how animated it looks on your head with that marvelous swooping brim.

Great hat. Congratulations.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yup, That's a beauty. It is not hard to understand why you are not disapointed.

moustache

Practically Family
Love that colour as well!

Ditto to all that has been said above .And i love the colour.
Congratulations to you and Art both!!!

JD in Vancouver,Wa

spiridon

A-List Customer
Hemingway Jones said:
That is a beautiful hat and also an excellent representation as to why I always ask people to put their hats on. Look at how animated it looks on your head with that marvelous swooping brim.

I agree wholeheartedly HJ.......hats take on a life of their own when worn.:eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
Wow! Fantastic. What a great looking hat with the contrasting ribbon. Truly wonderfull color combination. Great work by Art. The hat looks great on you. A perfect match. Congratulations :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Another great hat by Art. I love the ribbon. The contrasting color is so cool!
There is nothing wrong with saying you took time off work to get that hat.

HLSheppard

Familiar Face
Barry said:
That hat looks great on you! Another excellent Fedora by Art.

Barry

Actually, it has been worn to work both yesterday and today. I work in a fairly large (15 floor) office building. Today alone I had 3 women ask me to put it on in their presence (as I was holding it to be polite).

Once I did - they all said how "you never see hats that are that classy, anymore!"

Score one for our team! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats