Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first fedora

ENfield3-8303

Familiar Face
Looks pretty good in the ebay photos, I like the overall shape but I might go for a thinner band-just my opinion. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives and perhaps post a picture or two?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It looks pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of that kind of felt treatment myself, but I think it should be a pretty nice hat.

kindofblue

New in Town
ENfield3-8303 said:
Looks pretty good in the ebay photos, I like the overall shape but I might go for a thinner band-just my opinion. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives and perhaps post a picture or two?

Is changing the band difficult?

I kind of like the wide band, but may change my mind once I see it in person. It is the exact shape and style that I like though.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
kindofblue said:

I kind of like the wide band, but may change my mind once I see it in person. It is the exact shape and style that I like though.

I vote for keeping it. It's pretty distinctive.

kindofblue

New in Town
It should ship out tomorrow......once I have it I'll try to post some pictures! :)

It looks like it is in great shape from the photos....I'm hoping that is the case.

kindofblue

New in Town
Art Fawcett said:
an early 60's stingy plush Borasalino for $53 ..are you kidding me??? GREAT buy with a really distinctive ribbon.
Congrats!!

My highest bid was $55....I just knew someone would outbid me, but they apparently stopped at $50.

I am anxioiusly awaiting it in the mail! I can't wait to get it....I just hope it fits......it should as I've always worn a 7 1/8 or a 7 1/4. If it does not fit, I'll sell it and look for another one.....but that is the one that jumped off the page at me when I saw it.....it was just calling my name.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
That's some ribbon! It looks like a fine hat, and if you have the face to wear a stingy brim it should look great on you. Congratulations!

With your head size, you should have little trouble getting more good deals on nice hats. I shudder to think of what the price would have been if that was a size 7 1/2.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kindofblue said:

It's a classic Borsalino. Would you buy a classic Dusenberg and then put Toyota fenders on it? Changing the band and trying to restyle it is only going to lead to devaluing the hat.

kindofblue

New in Town
Mike in Seattle said:
It's a classic Borsalino. Would you buy a classic Dusenberg and then put Toyota fenders on it? Changing the band and trying to restyle it is only going to lead to devaluing the hat.

I'm not going to change the band. I really like it in the photos. And I think I will really like it when it arrives on my doorstep....so no worries.

kindofblue

New in Town
I went home for lunch today....and it was on my doorstep!!!!!!!!

I opened the box, and looked that hat over.....and it is a GREAT hat! :) I love it! It looks much better than it did in the picture.....it looked good there I thought.....but the pic did not do the hat justice. In the pic it looked like the hat was sort of fuzzy....it is not fuzzy at all.....but rather it appears to be made out of some sort of fur...though I don't know if it is or not.

It fits perfectly (I think it does anyway....I'm not really sure how they are supposed to fit!) It is in superb condition. Though the seller just put it in a box and I think it messed up the shape of the brim a bit.....bit I've about got it back to where it should be.

I will get pics up sometime in the next week of me in my new lid. :)

DeSica

New in Town
kindofblue said:
I just won it on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&item=160074614245&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

What do you think? If you think it is a bad purchase let me know, but I like the hat a lot! It is a good color to go with my suits, and I really like the shape of it....it should fit me....I sure hope it does!

Nice score. I got my first fedora when I was 15, and I paid more than what you did for one of lesser quality (although a more classic style, with wider brim and traditional black band on grey felt.)

Why not try wearing it for a while and see how you like the look of it on you before modifying it in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925