Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first hat/s.

Trampilot

Familiar Face
I've always loved fashions from the 40s and 50s so it is inevitable that one day I was going to start hat wearing.

Alas, I don't really know what I'm doing. The "stickies" on this thread are very useful but it will never replace going into a shop and trying them on. So, I've added a couple of items to my Christmas list which hopefully my parents will get for me. If not I'll get them myself anyway!

I've figured that I should start low in price so I can learn to look after it and any mistakes I make won't cost the earth.

So here are my two choices:

City Hat
In brown.

and

Bogart
In grey.

Being a chap in England I'd have to pay tax if I was get one from the US. This is another reason for starting at low prices and then maybe getting a better quality fitted one at a later date.

So what do you experts think?

Your opinions would be well appreciated.

Trampilot

Familiar Face
Many thanks RBH.

I do wear a panama in the summer, but I've always wanted to have an wardrobe of hats for all weathers/outfits.

SMCK

New in Town
My first hat

Good to hear someone developing the hat bug.the more intrested you become the more compulsive the urge to get yet another new hat.You dont have to buy in America. living in london you have Locks. who dont seem to do a bogart . Bates hats 21a jermyn st. , although last time I was there I was told he was in the pub next door, and could I come back.Herbert Johnson,good but In my opinion expensive.also hutshopping.de appear to be the only euroupean hat site. great site although someone on here says dont deal with them as they dont return calls. I dont know about that.also hats direct will send you any akubra you want . good luck to you , enjoy the bug I think its for life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart