Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first 'high end' hat...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looking good!

Well Done!! as a first hat, that's looking like a winner :eusa_clap Snap off a few pics of you sporting it if you can, as we always, always appreciate seeing our members wearing their 'finds!'

Nice wearable colour too!! When you get it, a few pics of the inside too and one of the Borsie crowd will be able to date it for you (hopefully).

Black Prince

Familiar Face
Cheers! It being the first (and me being something of a timid hat-wearer, currently at the transitional stage of wearing caps on a near-daily basis but trying to move up to full fedoricity), wardrobe compatibility was a priority. My next 'proper' hat will probably be grey with a darker ribbon.

When it arrives, I'll break out the digital camera.

Black Prince

Familiar Face
Baron Kurtz said:
Depends where you bought it. The fedora market in the UK (and EU in general) is . . . errrr . . . depressed.

I did kinda get that impression. I bought it on the French version of eBay, for around 80 euros, including postage & packing. Have I been gulled?

fatwoul

Practically Family
Hey Black Prince - nice hat. If you got it from overseas, I hope for you sake you persuaded the seller to mark the parcel appropriately to avoid too much attention.

Black Prince

Familiar Face
fatwoul said:
Hey Black Prince - nice hat. If you got it from overseas, I hope for you sake you persuaded the seller to mark the parcel appropriately to avoid too much attention.

France. Within the EU doesn't seem to cause nearly as many hassles as transatlantic purchasing.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very good!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Can't wait to see pics of it in action. Like Paddy said, we appreciate seeing our community wearing their winnings & purchases.

Cheers!

Dan

fatwoul

Practically Family
Black Prince said:
France. Within the EU doesn't seem to cause nearly as many hassles as transatlantic purchasing.

Yeah OK within the EU you should be alright. :)

Good luck - hope it arrives safely.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Looks very good to me! I thought I had been watching it, but when you said "French ebay," I knew it was another hat. Well done. :eusa_clap

duggap

Banned
I believe it is modern also. I say that because it appears that the name has been stamped on the outside of the bow on the ribbon. They just started doing that recently from what I was told. The hat will still be nice. I have one with the bow stamped like that. It has turned out to be one of my most favorite hats. I believe you will like it. :)

Black Prince

Familiar Face
Well, I haven't been here for a while! My hat arrived, though, and I absolutely love it. Here's some pics from a recent long weekend in a rather chilly Prague:

IMG_1363-1.jpg

IMG_1385-1.jpg

IMG_1449-1.jpg

The long leather coat is also new, a pretty good Ralph Lauren take on the old Belstaff despatch rider type gear I talked about in an earlier thread. Hat and coat, in combination, made me feel distinctly Smiley's People. I had an urge to sidle up to people and mutter, "in Minsk, the daffodils are blooming...".

Reactions: Hal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace