Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my first 'real' hat.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
hunting was good today.

the local consignment shop is usually pretty boring, but then this caught my eye:

3259534368_d2c35f2f98_m.jpg

3259534370_78708de0f4_m.jpg

Saks Fifth Avenue. $12. taupe. 1.5" brim. appears to be unworn. searches here lead me to believe that it's fur felt. 7 1/4, which usually works on me, but i just shaved my head, so it's a little loose. i've got some light/thin foam strips i can put under the sweatband to even things up.

now for the big one: fit and shape for my face? i'm a shiny newbie. opinions?

3259534380_00fdc29771_m.jpg

3259534372_f1ff9cfa79_m.jpg

(sorry for the hasty pictures...)

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Looks great on you. I think the colour works well. One small constructive crit. maybe a 2" brim would be ideal for you. What a score for 12 bucks:eusa_clap

MattJH

One Too Many
Definitely a nice casual hat for you to wear. Stingy brims like that lend themselves just fine to t-shirts and jeans, too, so it's versatile. Even so, I'm 100% positive that a wider brim would suit you best. That's not to say that the stingy doesn't work, because it does, especially considering modern stingy fashion, and yours is the best kind; no pinstripes, no embroidery, just a classic soft felt hat. It's the square jaw that makes me say that a wider brim is probably your best fit. Look at the hat's brim in logo of the Fedora Lounge at the top-right there. You'd have the same silhouette.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
That is a really great looking, very short brimmed fedora. I think the bow looks really good as well, and the extra broad hatband with the short crown looks very sharp.

Great find, wear with pride!

Goose.

Practically Family
I think it looks good on you. Certainly nothing that looks goofy. Quite nice. Don't think everyone could pull it off like you.
Wish I could wear a stingy...really want one. But I have come to the conclusion in the past few days that even my Sydney may be too small for my mug :(

A wider brim would be nice just to have one. So go get one and post pics so we can compare ;)

Anyway, great catch especially for what you call your "first real hat". Good job.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
nice hat @ a great price!

1st off, welcome to the club!

second, be prepared for an education, because you're going to learn a lot here.

third, keep an eye on your cash, because hats are like potato chips... & you can't just stop @ one!

fourth, have fun, get comfortable & dive in .. if you have any questions do a search of the site before posting

I think that's pretty much it.

BTW I think someone else on here is using the exact same avatar you're using.

----------------
Now playing: James Brown - Cold Sweat
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21