Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Grandmother's clock

Flieger

Practically Family
For years I've been coveting this table clock owned by my Grandmother and I finally worked up the courage to ask my mother if I could have it. She said yes! The clockwork is bust (and gutted) and the plaster is chipped and worn in some places but I love the grand design. I have no idea how old it is.

Clock.jpg

I'll try to find a replacement clockwork for it.

Flieger

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Maltese Falcon clock.

Hey Mike! there's 'gold' underneath that plaster!! (re; Maltese Falcon).

A lovely clock and moreso because of your associations with your loved grandmother.

I inherited my grandparents clock (A wedding present from 1920 and still kept great time and chimed). Sadly, I was broken into and this was one of the items stolen (and sadly would have been sold in a seedy backstreet bar for pennies/cents!), this still hurts.

Get it back into working order!!:)

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I found a clock (modern quartz) that will fit. It's only a couple of weeks now until the falcons (or are they eagles?) will tell me the time again.

Paddy: Sorry to head about the burglary. No matter how good you are insured, things like that can never fully be replaced. :(

/F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21