Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Lost worlds Test 44R arrived

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Pictures first, and I do have some questions want to ask, will put it later, thank you, my friends!
378dceb20636c196ff3678f16dbbfc6c.jpg
808fad9843d697419a50e01836f2a83b.jpg
27a16938f4de396e5a7789462620d0ac.jpg
624daa9d30942ebb2f28a759360cdbe4.jpg
856704790d8ede7e2757fc30778fae3e.jpg
f2e0d2c0a4ed43900b54c540c1db83ea.jpg

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Here comes a problem, see this picture, there is small crack on the sleeve, I don't know how deep it is, I think is unusual FOR LW, Stuart said this is a stock jacket which return by customer who is not fit, I don't know if it is used jacket, anyone who owns LW please give me some help, the zip is extremely difficult to pull up, you have to make tremendous effort to pull it up, I just afraid the zipper won't last very long. The zipper also looks pretty rustic, It doesn't like on the new condition, thanks!
cdba2d73c554e24d5411abd12835cb67.jpg

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
My limit experience with leather jacket is on the contrary, it looks little big in the beginning (even though I don't feel in that way), but it will be better looking on my frame once it broken in

Have a heavy LW A-1 and the zip is a "10" and even after using a season+, it's still a little tough. But it will never break, and I only zip if it's really cold out.
I definitely agree with the others here - lovely - awesome jacket - but way too large.

We've all been there - fell for a jacket but we knew that it was too large/small. You'll not wear it once the initial glee wears off. Believe it. Get one that fits and love it forever. Or, about 6 months as "forever" is defined here...

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I notice in one of the pics, the zipper when it gets closer to the zipper pin is moved out a bit from the leather. Is it supposed to be like that?

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Here is my Test size 44 bought new. I have the same zipper. It is crap. Like grinding gears to zip it and it wont last long on the pin side. I have a LW Roadmaster I replaced the zip in it. My LW Suburban zipper is toast.

Great Jackets, lousy Zippers.

I'm 5' 9" and 190 in the Video.

Thanks Terry, I actually watched your LW video many times, do you have suggestion about small crack on sleeve? Should I return? Thanks

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Terry, I actually watched your LW video many times, do you have suggestion about small crack on sleeve? Should I return? Thanks

Good, hope the video helped. I've done a few on the LW leathers. I can't help but mention the Zippers. They just stand out. Finding someone to sew one in that heavy leather is an issue.

I don't think I have anything like that on any of mine. I would communicate with LW that is a new jacket bought from them. I bought several vest from LW. One was not correct and he made it good. I like LW jackets. I've owned 5 and expect his work to be flawless. I have some brown Vest, but never had a Brown jacket from LW. I always like their Brown.

I'm sorry for disagreeing with you, but... You really need to return this jacket and not because of the crack but on the account that it simply doesn't fit you. Did LW comment on the fit? Because, if I was the maker of this jacket, I certainly would insist you send it back.

It is really, honestly too large for you. Like, regardless of your personal taste, this jacket just isn't even remotely your size. It's insanely too large in the body, it's too long, the shoulders are way too wide and you could make a pair of pants out of those sleeves.

I wish I could take a better photo of it, but I have a very similar jacket in a size 50, that fits me virtually the same. I wear 40-42. It's an old jacket, heavy as a truck (probably around LW weight, as the leather is literally 2x Vanson comp. weight) but fully broken in so you can see what your jacket is gonna look like and how this isn't exactly the most flattering jacket I could be wearing.

Again, I apologize for insisting on this, but I don't know... I just think you deserve a better fitting jacket, especially at that price tag.

Yeah, only other thing I can think of is a HWT. I've done it on a couple Aero FQHH jackets, and I find that the LW is a totally different hide and I don't know what would happen. I still agree with others, but it's your jacket. I'm just pretty sure that the advice from the above people likely accounts for probably 100 jackets worth of experience, if not many many more.
Good luck either way.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I'm sorry for disagreeing with you, but... You really need to return this jacket and not because of the crack but on the account that it simply doesn't fit you. Did LW comment on the fit? Because, if I was the maker of this jacket, I certainly would insist you send it back.

It is really, honestly too large for you. Like, regardless of your personal taste, this jacket just isn't even remotely your size. It's insanely too large in the body, it's too long, the shoulders are way too wide and you could make a pair of pants out of those sleeves.

I wish I could take a better photo of it, but I have a very similar jacket in a size 50, that fits me virtually the same. I wear 40-42. It's an old jacket, heavy as a truck (probably around LW weight, as the leather is literally 2x Vanson comp. weight) but fully broken in so you can see what your jacket is gonna look like and how this isn't exactly the most flattering jacket I could be wearing.

Again, I apologize for insisting on this, but I don't know... I just think you deserve a better fitting jacket, especially at that price tag.

Thanks much for your input I really appreciate!!
I already contact with Stuart about crack and other problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk