Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My mind has just EXPLODED

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Guy at Nightclub: You look like a clown in that stupid jacket.
Sailor: This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Crocodile skin is more accepted in shoes, boots and purses. Here I have seen people wearing this kind of stuff but never a crocodile jacket.

You know, here and in some parts of Europe, people stop and stare at you whenever you wear something different. [huh] A gator jacket would be too much.

People tend to stare at these 'gator boots even in Texas but in a good way:
BD7A55C7-BAD1-404F-AF4A-F6F063ECB82B-992-000002F8E7452DE9.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You can see the scar on the toe of the left boot from a tussle with another alligator.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The boots were made for me by an 80+ year old master boot maker in Dallas Texas by the name of Felipe Ramirez just a few weeks before he died. Felipe started making boots for his father beginning at the age of five. Felipe's son now runs his boot shop as a third generation boot maker.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Whassup with all these waif like men gussied up in leather? Errrr scratch that, can't they find some "normal" sized guys to model these hideously expensive jackets? Hey if you've the coin and build, have at it but man oh man... not my cup of Tea even if I was a baller from the NBA. Every jacket I own, I can afford to replace if lost or stolen, it would hurt like hell in some cases sentiment wise, but it could be done. At those prices theft or loss would lead to thoughts of murder! Wow...

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Belstaff have just re-designed their jackets after shipping their operation out to Italy, and then upped their prices by 20 per cent - £1,200 for a Panther at the mo'. It looks nice, but compared to Aero, the leather's like paper and I'd be terrified of taking it out in the rain. Personally, if I spent £70k on a jacket, I'd be dogged by the nagging paranoia that everyone was laughing at me for blowing the equivalent of a small apartment on it.

ChubbMuff

New in Town
The boots were made for me by an 80+ year old master boot maker in Dallas Texas by the name of Felipe Ramirez just a few weeks before he died. Felipe started making boots for his father beginning at the age of five. Felipe's son now runs his boot shop as a third generation boot maker.

Those are a beautiful pair of boots, sounds like they were made by an artisan at the top of his game and will last you and whoever is lucky enough to own them after you a long long time. And I bet they didn't cost 100 grand.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Belstaff have just re-designed their jackets after shipping their operation out to Italy, and then upped their prices by 20 per cent - £1,200 for a Panther at the mo'. It looks nice, but compared to Aero, the leather's like paper and I'd be terrified of taking it out in the rain. Personally, if I spent £70k on a jacket, I'd be dogged by the nagging paranoia that everyone was laughing at me for blowing the equivalent of a small apartment on it.

Heck.............people would be laughing at me wearing that dumb jacket just because I was wearing that dumb jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails