Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Minneapolis Thrift Store Finds! 3 piece suits, other goodies

mt_spiffy

Vendor
I spent a day in Minneapolis hunting the majority of the thrift stores. I picked up a couple shirts, ties, blazers from various stores, but at one of my last stops, I hit the motherload.

Behold, a couple of cool 3 pieces:

Doncaster Exclusive, Livington's Big Duluth, 44L (it's a little big, might be 46)

brown3piece1.jpg

brown3piece3.jpg

Botany' 500, M&K Man, same size, God I love ticket pockets:

blue3piece1.jpg

blue3piece2.jpg

Palm Beach, M&K Man:

seer1.jpg

seer2.jpg

This blazer, I wasnt sure if I liked it, but it was cheap:

plaidblazer.jpg

LOVE this blazer:

stripeblazer.jpg

And these ties:

ties.jpg

The suits are a little big, I'm not sure if they need tailoring. I didnt have much time to try them on. I particularly hope I can make the blue one work. The blazers fit perfect as is.

I didnt take pictures of the stuff I found at other stores as it wasnt particularly as cool.

Comments?

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Anachronism said:
I really like that first brown plaid one, it's a very good size pattern for a suit, and the color is great.

If only it had the ticket pocket! I might also like it better as a 3 button. But the pattern is great!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Woo - nice finds! The blue & white striped Palm Beach is a real gem and I'd kill for that striped blazer. The two plaids ain't bad either. Big-time congrats on some exceptional thrift shopping.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
The striped suit is Seersucker, which is pretty common. There's a thread about them a little ways down the page. Actually even Target had some nice seer suits last year!

The striped blazer reminds me either of pajamas, or a zoot suit. Not sure which!

Turns out the brown plaid fits me fine, the blue one is huge and will need alterations. I havent tried on the pants yet.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
You could be right. It looks like seer, but feels different than the other seer suits/jackets I own. There are no markings determining what it is made of.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
BTW, it turns out these three suits will need to be taken in a little bit. The blue I like enough to be worth the investment, the other two I'm not sure, so you might see them up for sale.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
I've decided to put all the suits up for sale, although I still have every intention of having the blue one altered and wearing it. Maybe the seer as well. They're priced according to the fact that I might rather keep them.

For reasons passing understanding, I am no longer allowed to sell on this site, so you can find them here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=1908978

Just came from Chicago but didnt get to go to any thrift stores. I did buy a beautiful suit new for $90.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
The striped suit...

mt_spiffy said:
The striped suit is Seersucker, which is pretty common. There's a thread about them a little ways down the page. Actually even Target had some nice seer suits last year!

The striped blazer reminds me either of pajamas, or a zoot suit. Not sure which!

Turns out the brown plaid fits me fine, the blue one is huge and will need alterations. I havent tried on the pants yet.

...is probably pincord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou