Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero A2-38-1711-P in FQHH

Cole

One of the Regulars
After we sorted out all my questions about sizeing here on the Lounge and with Amanda (see here ) I ordered the 38-1711-P with the following specifications on the 7th of November 2011:

A2 38-1711-P
Size 46
Back length 26"
Sleeve length 26.5"
Made of brown F/Q horsehide
With mid brown knit.

The jacket was made by Edith on Monday the 12th of March and arrived yesterday.

This is my first A2 and most likely my only one, since it is build to last a lifetime and I allready have to many jackets (according to my wive :D ). The quality of the jacket is amazing and the leather is beautyful.

Right now it is still very stiff and the jacket feels a litte boxy / bulky and not nearyl as tight fiting as I thought it would be (and I gained a few pounds since I ordered :essen:). I'm looking forward to see, how the jacket will develop over time when the leather softens up a bit and it molds a little to my body form. Right now it is not exactly what I expected, but I am still very happy with it. :D

Worn unziped:
a2-1.jpg

a2-2.jpg

a2-4.jpg

a2-3.jpg

Worn ziped:
a2-5.jpg

a2-6.jpg

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great quality pictures Cole and a very nice Aero. I don't own an A2, but the fit looks great to me. If the hide is Aero's heavy front quarter then you have chosen a jacket for a life time of wear - my favorite hide. When it breaks it will drape, particularly when it gets a bit of body heat through it.

Congratulations, thanks for sharing and be sure to show us the jacket again when it has had some wear.

Cheers

Cole, sorry man, I hate to say it but that jacket KICKS ASS! I'd say you done well sir. Looks perfect, and when it starts breaking in, it's going to look even better. Beat that thing. It can take it.
Congrats. I think Edith made my 50's HDB too. Maybe she's the FQHH go to gal? lol

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hi!

I know Aero's FQHH, and I like it for my Highwayman, which looks great. And I know the outstandig work Edith does on the hides.

But for an A-2 I'd never choose this heavy sort of leather. Seeing the pics you sent, I'd say - to be honest - that the jacket looks great, but is miles away from an authentic A-2 look. The hide is too heavy, the collar much too big and thick (can be seen well on pic #5).

And for my taste the arms are too short and will appear shorter after breaking in because of the wrinkles that come up. And - again in my opinion - the jacket is a little bit short ...

Kind regards,

Johannes

Windward

Practically Family
Hi Cole - have to say Aeros's FQHH is the best leather money can buy and yours looks killer - ist a beauty with such a nice deep brown color!
Fit looks perfect for me - body lenght as well - it cover your belt very well and is a very good looking (not to...) short A-2 Flight jacket!!
This is how a Flight jacket should fit...IMHO - and you will love it to have a life time jacket - congrats.

BTW: Two Doctors - Three Opinions...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I think it looks really good with that hide, and the length seems fine to me.
But I also noticed the collar looks abit thick and uncomfortable. Personally I would wet the area that is folding with warm water and try to make the fold smaller, more sharp to make it look neater.

Metatron

One Too Many
I think the A2 looks great in this leather, and the reason is that the simplicity of the design helps accentuate the quality of the leather.

bentusian

One of the Regulars
That's a thing of beauty, not to speak of the perfect fit on you. Thanks for sharing.

I though highly doubt that it'll be your one and only A-2, because you're very much likely to get another in russet colour. ;)
How about unbuttoning the collar and let it drape over the shoulder? Personally I like it better that way..

billyb

Familiar Face
Nice jacket. I ordered an Aero back in September 2011. Glad to see someone is getting theirs in a respectable amount of time...

Brando11

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket! I wouldn't change a thing- it looks perfect.

Billyb- I ordered a HB Deluxe in September as well, and got word last week that it's out for delivery this Tues. Chin up!

Best-
-Brando

Cole

One of the Regulars
@ all
Thanks for the compliments.

@Lungomare
I understand your concerns about the leather and historical accuracy, but to be honest, I never cared much for historical accuracy. :) I wanted a Jacket in an A2 design that has a less bulky cut than most A2s I've seen and I love brown FQHH.

As for the arm and body length I'm not worried to much. After the jacket got soaking wet in the rain this weekend and was worn for quite some while the arms allready developed the creases to a point that is close to the final stage in my experience and the sleeves are still long enough.

@ButteMT61
It got it's first "beating" yesterday. 1 hour in the rain on the playground and then carrying my mud covered daughter home.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Nothing more to say than, bloody beautiful jacket ;)

You've done exceptionally well there. Enjoy!

Cole

One of the Regulars
Today was a very nice and sunny day and my wife took some more pictures during a little walk. The jacket has been worn 2 weeks now and in the sun you can realy see the color and texture of the leather (much better then on the pictures on side one). :cool:

a2-8.jpg

a2-7.jpg

a2-9.jpg

a2-10.jpg

a2-11.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR