Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Ridley D Pocket!

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hello Fellow TFLers,

I was browsing the Thurston Bros site (which is a very dangerous thing to do ;)) and saw this stunning Aero Ridley size 38 in Dark Seal Vincenza on the featured Stock page. The measurements looked similar to my Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza which I ordered over the summer. I have been looking for a nice moto cross zip that wasn't black and had no belt. I was initially interested in ordering an Aero Bootlegger until this beauty became available.
I have received it today and WOW! It looks, smells and feels awesome! I really like the grainiess of this batch of dark seal vicenza. The zippers, D pocket and snaps give it a vintage moto inspired look that isn't too over the top since it does not have epaulettes, a belt and no action back or shoulder gussets. The back is a simple one piece with a kidney panel.
The quality of leather, stitching etc. is typical Aero quality - one of the best in the market!

The Fit:
I was concerned about the fit since the P2P and bottom width was about an inch smaller than my Aero seven. However, Carrie assured me that it should fit fine.
In a nutshell, the jacket fit is so spot on and snug that it could have been painted on :p!
Arm length is perfect (I do not ride FYI), shoulder width is perfect (just like my Seven), Chest width is a little more snug than my seven but not noticeable and still comfortable. Where it is noticeable is the drop in width from the chest to the waist. I am able to close it just so and it is quite snug in the waist but not uncomfortable or significantly restricting. Basically, this jacket would force me to at least maintain my current weight because if I gain a few inches, it will not fit.:p I'm currently wearing the jacket as I type this and it is already starting to mold and loosen to my body type and it is already feeling more comfortable than when I initially put it on.

Here are some pics showing the fit. I was also able to wear a light merino wool turtleneck under it as well...enjoy (PS: don't mind the crappy background - it's already dark outside and I had to take shots indoors;))

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Beautiful. Love the colour. I would love this for riding if only...

mendelboaz

One Too Many
That is one STUNNER of a jacket! Well done!

I gotta ask though, what's up with the fad of all these 'Ridley' 'no-epaulette' J106 jackets? Basically all jackets I see on the Thurston Bros. Instagram account are the 'Ridley J106'. When you've got a jacket style that's all bells-and-whistles, why omit something like the epaulettes? It's like having an A-2 without cargo pockets, or a pair of engineer boots without buckles.

Roma

A-List Customer
Looks like it's been made for you.

Отправлено с моего MI MAX через Tapatalk

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
upload_2016-12-29_3-34-49.png

Awesome jacket and fit. The brown HH and nickel zips are superb. I'd been considering brown and nickel myself for another project but balked. I think it makes this jacket tho. Outstanding is an understatement!!

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Nailed it again!!! How about some progress shots of that Seven? Its a good thing Carrie didn't bring this one to my fitting or Id probably have bought it myself!!!

Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ