Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Seven and my 4 year old 30s Halfbelt (lots of shots!!)

Radz108

One of the Regulars
After about 10 weeks of waiting (7 weeks to have the jacket made and 2-3 weeks waiting for Canada Post Strike Threats to subside), I finally received my Aero Seven Jacket in Russet Vicenza.

All I can say is WOW! It feels great, smells great and I feel the fit is spot on! I believe Carrie at TB really nailed the fit for me. The Nickel hardware looks awesome with the jacket. The Russet Vicenza is gorgeous with wonderful texture and the grain is starting to pop out with the limited wear I put in. This is a trim fitting jacket. I feel it is trimmer fitting than my Thedi Phenix. I believe the sense that it is a trimmer fit is due to the narrower arms and smaller shoulders. The body is just right, but the arms do feel a bit snug. however, I did notice that the more I wear it, the arms seem to ease up a bit.

I love the contrast of the OD cotton drill lining and black sateen sleeves. The leather under arm guards add a more tailored/quality look to the inside of the jacket. The side pockets do not add any bulk to the trim fit and since they are zippered, they seem to tuck themselves neatly to the sides of the jacket without flare.
Overall I am very pleased! :)

I also included some photos of my 4 year old 30s half belt which I bought stock from Thurston. It's a size 42 and is probably 1-2 sizes too big for me. I know the arms and body are a bit long for me now, but the patina I developed on the jacket is just so cool that I can't seem to part with it. If a add a layer or two, it does fit a little bit better. Tell me what you think ;)

Anyways, here are the photos

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Well done on both! They look sweet on you and are both very cool jackets!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That vicenza russet is off the map! I like the nickel combo, and the fit is spot on too. Your HB does not look too bad on you at all. As you say, it just looks very cool.

Both Beautiful jackets. A trim Fall/Spring jacket in the seven and a winter fit with a little room in the HB. Both stellar jackets and great fits. Fantastic stuff!

heron163

One of the Regulars
what do I think?

you have a couple of fantastic jackets!

I have to say, the lighter russet looks better with the jeans...

Zinkdiz

New in Town
This russet, so nice ! The second, as you said is a keeper for winter in order to add some layer under it.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Really nailed this one! Nice shots of you as well.

I also agree that the well broken in HB will continue to serve you well for the Alberta winters you get to enjoy! :)

kronos77

One of the Regulars
This is one of the few Vicenza leather jackets I have seen that I really like. I was never a fan despite everyone telling me how beautiful it was. Is it smoother than most or is it just the lighting? It looks great.

The HB isn't bad either. Both fit in fine in different ways.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That Aero Seven is probably the most perfect fitting jacket I've ever seen. Beautiful color too. Carrie really knows how to nail the fit.

singer

Familiar Face
Wow, those look fantastic. You're on a roll! Love that Russet color. That Seven looks like a nice cafe racer, but with a dress collar. A nice pattern and it flatters you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot