Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Dobbs.

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Officially my first true hat:

Dobbs1.jpg

Dobbs2.jpg

Dobbs3.jpg

Dobbs4.jpg

Dobbs5.jpg

Dobbs8.jpg

Dobbs9.jpg

I have two questions:

1. The hat had the brim entirely up all around when arriving in the mail like a porkpie style hat. I have snapped the front of the brim down. I assume this is correct procedure, and not considered bad form as I like the look of it that way better than with the entire edge up.

2. Already there are small pomade stains on the lining from my hair. Any way to prevent this, or is this just an accepted eventuality of hat ownership?

I remain sincerely,
Ben K

Snapped down in front works for me and it looks like it does for you too. :eusa_clap
Pomade has a way of affecting different hats differently. Some hats it gets inot more than others. The plastic topper in your hat should protect at least that much of the liner. They wipe off easily.

Regards,

J

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat.

I'm going to swim upstream here. Your hat looks to me like a homburg - with a pencil roll anyway. I'd wear it brim up if that is the case. It's a little hard to tell from the pics because the hat is so dark.

What kind of pomade are you using. If grease stains are a problem you could change hair product to something less oily.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot