Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Goodwear "Imperial"

Here's a little teaser:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Californian_Imperial01_42/

More coming soon......

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, handymike! Really like the details on that that jacket. Looks to be some nice slim sleeves too. That is the same lining I have in my Ventura. A very lightweight wool that compliments the vintage design very well. I'm guessing this thread will go on for a while.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Love it! Eric, you must be one happy boy. And congrats on owning JC's first of this pattern (Hercules, right?).

Btw- This place has gotten a lot more fun lately!

Last edited:

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Man, that thing is gorgeous. The hide, the tanning, the grain ... it's just amazing. And I love the photo of the throat latch ... the stitching is out of this world. What exactly is the hide and tanning process??

Just out of curiosity, what was your wait time with Chapman?

Thanks guys! I'll explain everything later when I get a chance to put together the whole presentation.
Yes, this jacket is based on a 30's Hercules.
I ordered in October 2012, and after many samples of different hides I ended up with Dark Seal Shinki Horsehide.
Boy am I glad I did! It is awesome!!!!!!

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
I didn't see this on John's website. Is it new? I love the Hercules pattern. I commissioned one from Johnson Leather in San Francisco. It should arrive in a week or two. I will post pics up when I receive it!

Dave

Here are a couple shots from John:
Picture 76.jpg
Picture 77.jpg

Here is what I was going for: (kinda)
Herc ad-3.jpg

Long story short..... Very, Very Happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL