Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new jacket, I name it greywolf

would be the first legit case of haunted leather jacket when that happens...

I have personally thanked them, at least the guy who has to deal with my rants and has to cut this jackets based on my untested A4 size drawing and the lady who sew and resew and resew the leather through several revisions these last weeks, the owner of the workshop never there... but when I visit my mom next week wearing this jacket, she would call her or send them a hamper & stuff apologizing:( for the hardship I must have done to them....

thinking of it... I originally went with a brownish-green-grey leather that was no longer available, and they got me several leather samples I probably would like as substitute, there were 4 leather samples sent by their supplier they talked me into one of these 3 soft brown and tan leathers and this grey one was left on the table partly tucked under some stuff, so I reached for it... saw how crazy thick it was and naturally pick it... I think they tried to hide it from me:rolleyes: knowing I would choose it and it would bring pain to work with.
Everything in that post is awesome beyond words. What a unique situation. And as Ivan pointed out, these folks are really putting out an amazing ability without any pretension or notoriety. Impressive is an absolute understatement.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I spent my weekend as a jacket masseur shaping this collar :)... and also tried to "guide" the creasing to be tastefully balanced all around.
QOkejMI.jpg

I was trying to do that with my CR, having Langlitz as a model but I failed miserably because horsehide doesn't give in.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
man... I spent the entire length of MotoGP live program on TV and more... :eek: also wet my hand while kneading with it

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Worf. my beloved grandma leveled up and being given permanent position back at the HQ today at 95, she was like a parent to me since I live with her almost all my life, the first half being taken cared by her, and the second half taking care of her and I've been wearing this jacket ever since I drove her to hospital 2 days ago, so this grey jacket would always remind me of her and our peaceful daily morning walk, I did wear it at what turned to be our last morning walk on Saturday last week after I picked the jacket the day before, since then on Monday her flu was getting worse so we skipped our walk :):(

I hope it will age gracefully, with normal and honest wear, I always dream of meaningful jacket, now I have one really, it feels heavy, and looks cloudy, and have huge pocket on my back to carry a whole lot of stories and happy memories.

I won't throw it in washing machine, and it would be mine forever.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24