Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Jaxon!

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Just now seeing this thread after it being bumped today. (I'm *still* catching up for having been away all those months! :eek: )

Jaxon hats are great all around. I own four of them, and have never been anything but pleased. I've got the center-crease crushable wool in black, the toyo Gambler (now discontinued... great for summertime), the crushable C-crown in gray, which is my everyday hat, and... a Bogart.

I don't wear the Bogart, unfortunately... I bought it before I knew about Long Ovals, and wound up buying it a size too big (it didn't help that it was the first hat I'd ever bought that went by head size instead of S/M/L/XL). Instead of returning it and ordering it a smaller size, I tried resizing it myself. I won't go into the terrible, horrible, cringe-inducing story about how I went about doing it, but now I have an extremely low-crowned, tapered-all-to-hell Jaxon with a wavy sweatband and a completely flattened brim.

But it fits now! :eusa_doh:

...don't ask. Inexperienced, overeager, and stupid. Glad I didn't have a vintage hat to screw up!

I'd get it reblocked and renovated, but as inexpensive as they are, I'll be able to get a new one for about the same price -- in my size, this time. lol I really, really miss that hat. The two or three times I actually got to wear it before I ruined it, it was everything Indy gloated about in this thread and more.

-Tofu

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Starius said:
So, earlier this week I ordered a Jaxon Tweed Ivy Cap from Village Hat Shop which will arrive tomorrow. This is my first order from them, so it added me to their online mailing list.

Today, I got such a mailing list email from them which contained a coupon code for 15% off Jaxon hats until this sunday, Dec 9th.
I told myself, no no... you just ordered this tweed hat you twit, you don't need to spend anymore money right now. But, I fear my resolve crumbled as the day grew long, and I am now here to inform you I just ordered my very own steel grey jaxon bogart for just $57.80.
Merry Christmas to me, yours truly, your self.

I'm sure I will post my thoughts and pictures here once said hat has arrived.
You will love the bogart!! I still wear it about every other time I have a hat on. And although I am a long oval the hat is soft enough that it has always conformed to my head.

Ok this announcement will get me nailed to the fedora cross. I ordered 5 yes 5 ivy jaxon's today also taking advantage of the free shipping and 15% discount. 2 for me ,2 for Deelovely, and one for my youngin.

deelovely

Practically Family
indycop said:
You will love the bogart!! I still wear it about every other time I have a hat on. And although I am a long oval the hat is soft enough that it has always conformed to my head.
Ok this announcement will get me nailed to the fedora cross. I ordered 5 yes 5 ivy jaxon's today also taking advantage of the free shipping and 15% discount. 2 for me ,2 for Deelovely, and one for my youngin.
No complaining from here!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D lol

Starius

Practically Family
The proof is in the jaxon pudding

Well, I am nothing but pleased with both of my Jaxon hats. The tweed of the Ivy hat is a bit "thinner" than I expected (my father's Ivy hat has more padding) but it looks so nice that I care not. The Bogart is great and I couldn't be happier with it.

Here are the obligatory pictures of a happy customer.

Starius-Jaxon-01.jpg
Starius-Jaxon-02.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-03.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-04.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-05.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-06.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-07.jpg

Starius

Practically Family
RBH said:
VERY VERY NICE!!!!
I have to say I like the fedora best! :D

Thank you! I think if I were to only have one of the two, it would be the fedora for sure. ;)

Wesne said:
The coat's not too shabby either!
I'm quite happy with that too! I actually did a review (sort of) of it awhile back but this is my first real winter test for it being only 9 degrees out when I took the pictures. I'm happy to say that it passed. ;)

J.T.Marcus said:
Starius, Further proof that the "Bogart" is an outstanding value. Very becoming! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks J.T.! It sure does seem like great fedora bang for the buck. I've noticed today that its even somewhat of a chameleon under different lighting conditions... depending on the lighting, sometimes it seems more blue-ish and sometimes it seems more brown than grey. At least thats what I've noticed around the house so far.

DrQuest

Familiar Face
Starius said:
Well, I am nothing but pleased with both of my Jaxon hats. The tweed of the Ivy hat is a bit "thinner" than I expected (my father's Ivy hat has more padding) but it looks so nice that I care not. The Bogart is great and I couldn't be happier with it.

Here are the obligatory pictures of a happy customer.

Starius-Jaxon-01.jpg
Starius-Jaxon-02.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-03.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-04.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-05.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-06.jpg

Starius-Jaxon-07.jpg

Love the Bogart! That's one of the two lids I plan on purchasing soon!

Looks great!

:eusa_clap

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
my bogart

I am broke, so last friday i ordered the Bogart by Jaxon....it arrives tomorrow! quick question: has anyone tried rebashing it? Hows the felt take it ? I'm thinking about some sort of diamond bash....

DrQuest

Familiar Face
MississippiLong said:
I am broke, so last friday i ordered the Bogart by Jaxon....it arrives tomorrow!

Has your Bogart arrived yet? If so, how do you like it? Man, I want one of those babies so bad. They look great!

MAB1

Suspended
Those Jaxon's are one of the toughest hats I've ever seen. I swear that you can run over those things w/ an 18 wheeler, back up and do it again and...

they pop right back.

I had to try and shrink mine and ... Boy did I. It's like a 2 1/4" inch brim now, and still shimmed.

Still it's one tough hat. The edge is uneven cut but... look at the price.

I can't help but love it for it's toughness.

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
:fedora: :fedora: Quest, Ph.D

I got it today in black....It has a really sweet profile! great soft felt. Indycop mentioned the packaging...mine wasn't as great. There was no padding for the ribbon and it did get creased a little, but the box it came in is a nice storage unit for the future. Unfortunately my camera is broken, the best I could do at the moment would be a cell phone picture, but my cell phone is from the Bronze Age and the pictures aren't very good. I'll see what I can do, but the best you'll see is the nice clean lines of the profile. I wish the crown is a little higher, but I've worn it all day and the more I see it the more I like it. Also its a steal at 68 bucks!

Pictures to come!

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
still no pictures, BUT!

This is a great hat. I was thinking about rebashing it but this thing has a sweet profile and I have another black hat coming it open crown to play with. The brim is soft, the crown is a little more stiff, and it feels great on my head. A+ on this baby! Quest, MD. As a new hat afficianado...go for it. for 70 bucks it feels like I've done something wrong it's so right.

ortega76

Practically Family
I bought a Jaxon Monk and I was pretty happy with it. I tried out the style, found I like it and am trying to pin-down what I would change so I can order one that will be amazing.

I confess it- I drool with envy everytime I pick up the first issue of Classic Style and view Matt Deckard's burgundy pork pie!

DrQuest

Familiar Face
MississippiLong said:
still no pictures, BUT!

This is a great hat. I was thinking about rebashing it but this thing has a sweet profile and I have another black hat coming it open crown to play with. The brim is soft, the crown is a little more stiff, and it feels great on my head. A+ on this baby! Quest, MD. As a new hat afficianado...go for it. for 70 bucks it feels like I've done something wrong it's so right.

I plan to order one within the next day or so......as well as another Jaxon C-Crown........plus a couple of Ivy caps....someone stop me before I think of another one to buy.......lol

DrQuest

Familiar Face
I ordered the Bogart this morning, as well as another Jaxon C-crown and a couple of Ivys. I think one is the exact same one in the photos here. Cant wait to get these!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24