Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new suped-up Kehoe cafe racer has arrived.

technovox

One Too Many
Nice score! Those vintage Kehoe jackets with the zips on the tops of the sleeves are real sleepers-- the steerhide used on the jackets takes on a very supple and beautiful look after years of abuse. I've seen a few slanted pocket Kehoes over the years, and I believe they are the earlier ones.
It looks great on you! Especially with the glasses, and the hat. The fit is spot on and the stripes should go perfectly with the V7 racer. Let's see some fit pics with the Moto Guzzi!!

lina

Practically Family
Some close ups, showing the label, talon zip, and some really nice grain. Thanks to @handymike for the pic tip!

Also. Looking more closely it’s clear that the sleeve stripes wete added later. And seems like maybe the jacket was relined at some point. Anyway, it’s a killer CR for sure. So glad I finally pulled the trigger on it...

6F783FD0-5EA2-426E-A26B-20ECB994184C.jpeg

385AFAE2-23FB-441D-9342-E51CEDE4031A.jpeg

54804CAE-AE83-4414-ABF6-AC8E15309EF0.jpeg

CBC0E016-E204-4E84-AB94-4319B784AB9E.jpeg

Gamma68

One Too Many
@lina Really nice CR! Your last post makes me wonder more about the stripes. What leads you to conclude the stripes were added later?

I absolutely love my Kehoe and the grain on yours is very reminiscent of mine. Honestly, it's a favorite.

Kehoe may not be an under the radar brand much longer. A lot of the online sellers are asking more $$ for them lately.

@lina Really nice CR! Your last post makes me wonder more about the stripes. What leads you to conclude the stripes were added later?

I absolutely love my Kehoe and the grain on yours is very reminiscent of mine. Honestly, it's a favorite.

Kehoe may not be an under the radar brand much longer. A lot of the online sellers are asking more $$ for them lately.

Stripes are cool. I've also considered adding stripes to the red one. Even sketched it. Black stripes. I think that'd make it like the coolest CR in the world.

lina

Practically Family

You can just tell the stitching is a little homeschool, though certainly good enough to pass muster. It goes through the lining of the sleeve too, which unfortunately led to a tear in the material. I’ll get it stitched up at some point.

I'd have to find it... I've based the stripes on the War of the Worlds jacket, similar setup, only in black with thin white stripe. There were two vertical stripes over the right front side, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany