Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new suped-up Kehoe cafe racer has arrived.

lina

Practically Family
P6283039.JPG

P6283037.JPG

P6283036.JPG

P6283041.JPG

Very cool jacket. I am genuinely curious, what does the diamond 13 patch mean to you?

lina

Practically Family
Thanks to all, I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I am pretty happy with it. I had the jacket favorited on Etsy for probably a year, and every once in a while would have a look at it. Honestly, it took me a while to decide that it wasn't just too cool for 53-year-old me. Was also a bit worried that it might be too tight, as measurements were just on the edge of what I look for. But, when they dropped the price recently I decided to take a chance.

Fit is just about spot on for a riding jacket. Just a little tighter than I normally like in a casual jacket, but that's fine for riding. Leather is completely broken in and pretty soft, but still in very good shape and just a tad more substantial than some CRs I've tried on. The racer-cool details (slanted pockets, long outer sleeve zips, number patch, sleeve stripes) put just on the edge of trying-too-hard for the normally understated me. But I think I can get used to them, cause they really do make the jacket. It came with a Harley pin above the right pocket, but that will soon be replaced with a Guzzi pin. Then, all will be ready for a ride up to Route 6 in northern PA... Vroom.

@JMax The 13 patch came with the jacket, and has no special meaning to me. I had thought when I ordered it I might take it off, but for now at least I'll leave it as is. Does it mean anything to you..?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
A quick google tells me that the diamond 13 patch was the precursor of the 1% MC club patch, it started as an anti AMA statement. The 13th letter of the alphabet is M for motorcycle.

Very cool jacket, i like it!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I'd be careful with the 13 patch, given its association with 1%er MCs.
(No judgment of the Clubs intended, more referring to them being known to be protective over who has the right to wear such regalia). The colours on that particular patch might well be those of one of the MCs at some point or another (though I'd be surprised if it was officially part of somebody's colours if it were left and forgotten about on an old jacket.

Very cool jacket; I like the quasi halfbelt look at the back.

lina

Practically Family
A quick google tells me that the diamond 13 patch was the precursor of the 1% MC club patch, it started as an anti AMA statement. The 13th letter of the alphabet is M for motorcycle.

Very cool jacket, i like it!

Ha, that's me -- outlaw, hard-partying, and hard-riding! Thanks for the info. I assumed it was a racing patch, but just looked it up and of course you're right, it's a predecessor of the 1%ers. Hmm, it may have to come off; not sure I can justify being THAT much of a poser...

It can mean a number of different things and many revolve around motorcycle clubs and their standing in that world.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Awesome jacket! Super cool!

I love my Kehoe CR, but it doesn't have the slanted pockets or stripes around the arm like yours.

Can we see a photo of the jacket label? Mine seems to have never had one. No stitch marks in the lining, and it never had a zip-out liner or anything like that.

I'd keep that 13 patch. It's part of the history of the jacket.

lina

Practically Family
Awesome jacket! Super cool!

I love my Kehoe CR, but it doesn't have the slanted pockets or stripes around the arm like yours.

Can we see a photo of the jacket label? Mine seems to have never had one. No stitch marks in the lining, and it never had a zip-out liner or anything like that.

I'd keep that 13 patch. It's part of the history of the jacket.

Yeah, I've never seen a Kehoe with those pockets or stripes. I am curious what era it is from. Will post a pic of the label later today when I get home...

lina

Practically Family
Forget looking like a poser. The wrong bubba sees it and it can turn ugly.

Though I do see that it can signify someone who's a founder of a "mother" club. And I am actually starting a local club even as we speak... So I don't know, maybe I am a 13-er..!

Though I do see that it can signify someone who's a founder of a "mother" club. And I am actually starting a local club even as we speak... So I don't know, maybe I am a 13-er..!

Yeah man, i’m with you. All the way. Just remember that it doesn’t matter what you think it means, just what the other guy thinks it is. No idea what type of club you starting but good luck and ride hard man.

lina

Practically Family
Intended to add a few detail pics, including the label for @Gamma68 , but can't get them to upload here. I always have trouble doing so. If I take pics on my camera it works, after a few stages of uploading to computer, etc, but if I use my phone the files are too big to upload, and none of the photo sites I've used in the past work on the board. Plus, I am an electronic idiot pretty much... Anyway, may get some on the phone tomorrow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24