Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Vintage Silhouette:1940's style from Art

Razzman

One Too Many
Great looking hat Sefton. Congratulations.:eusa_clap Do you mind sharing the detals...color, brim length, crown height, ribbon color, etc? I agree with Mr. Lucky, Great new hat and being a proud papa...it doesn't get any better than that.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Sefton, you need to get that last photo with your daughter framed. That's a great picture and would go well on a dresser or display shelf somewhere.

Very nice featherweight. I too have one of Art's and it's definitely one of my most favorite hats. Once I get some more money saved up, I have another idea I'd like to present to him. (we all know how that is...:rolleyes: )

Oh yes, and the wind trolley accents your hat very well!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Your hat is great and looks wonderful on you but your daughter is adorable! Look at those cheeks and her mussy, fluffy hair--she's just a cherub.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I had to post the picture with my daughter as compensation for making you look at my mug.;)
Razzman,Here are a few details about the hat: the brim width is 2 1/2". Crown at front peak is 5" and at back is 4". Art made a diamond crease which I think looks great for this hat. I don't know what the actual color of the ribbon is. Perhaps if Art reads this he can give the particulars. the height of the ribbon is 1 1/2". The color of the felt is natural. In the first photos it might not be too accurate as they were taken at night with a flash. Below are some photos that I took this morning near a window under natural light.

RBH, I can see a "baby sized" fedora,perhaps like the kind Ingrid Bergman wore in Casablanca. Hey Art, have you ever thought of expanding your business into the children's market?;)

deelovely,
I adore the 16 lb. one most of all!:)

fedoralover, thanks for the HH compliment. I usually get Woody Allen! The A-2 is a "real deal" in seal color from Aero leather that I've had for a couple of years now. It's a great jacket and wears well. I do need to replace the zipper now as the original is ripped.

ScionPI2005, That a good idea about the frame. Save that dough,a featherweight is in your future!

imoldfashioned, I couldn't agree more!:)

AlanC, Thanks. I got the idea for the wind trolley from the pictures of your hat from Art.

BT, budward and J.T.Marcus, I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

diamondcreaseyq8.jpg

sweatbandlk8.jpg

closeupribbonum7.jpg

sidedaylightshotac5.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
You have a beautiful baby!

Sefton, You have two real beauties there. :D

In a few years, it'll be nice to see another photo of your daughter in that hat!

I totally agree on framing that photo. It's a keeper. :D

Barb

One of the Regulars
Gorgeous

Art sure does nice work. When does the baby get a lid? <G>

Sefton said:
Here's a few photos of my newest custom hat from Art. I asked for typical 1940's style fedora in natural colored featherweight felt. I left the final choice for ribbon/binding up to Art and he came up with another perfect combo. This is my first,but not last, featherweight. Amazingly soft,the featherweight felt will dent and change with the lightest touch. Thanks for another beautiful hat,Art!

Some photos that I took myself at my job (hence the arms-length framing):
Lastly,but not least,with my real baby...my 3 month old daughter!

adelinafedoraandmeyi6.jpg

Thanks for looking. Cheers!
Sefton

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hiya,

The hat's a winner (and even gives me ideas about what sort of hat I'd like custom-built!).

The baby is a total doll (and makes me a little rueful that I never custom-built one of those myself:eusa_doh:).

But am I the only one who's noticing your tie here, Sefton?

Sefton said:

Never seen a design quite like it. Perfect with the black jacket & white shirt.

And look how it works with the hat to frame your face: Hat brim and white shirt form a triangle, in the middle of which the tie acts almost like an arrow pointing up. I tell you, that's an effect you can't duplicate with a t-shirt and baseball cap!

Just out of curiosity, is the tie vintage? Who's the maker?

Cheers,
Mark

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
tandmark said:
Hiya,

The hat's a winner (and even gives me ideas about what sort of hat I'd like custom-built!).

The baby is a total doll (and makes me a little rueful that I never custom-built one of those myself:eusa_doh:).

But am I the only one who's noticing your tie here, Sefton?

Never seen a design quite like it. Perfect with the black jacket & white shirt.

And look how it works with the hat to frame your face: Hat brim and white shirt form a triangle, in the middle of which the tie acts almost like an arrow pointing up. I tell you, that's an effect you can't duplicate with a t-shirt and baseball cap!

Just out of curiosity, is the tie vintage? Who's the maker?

Cheers,
Mark
Thanks for noticing the tie, Mark. Yes,the tie is vintage 1940's,blue silk. The pattern is hard to explain. White shapes like seashells...slightly...:) The label says: "The Dayton Men's Store. Minneapolis. All Silk by McGurrach. It might be McQurrach also-the type is a bit stylized and I'm not sure. It bought it with other 30s~40s ties from our own Marc Chevalier.

animator

One of the Regulars
What a great hat! That is what I think of as an ideal fedora!

Nice suit too!

Hat, suit, beautiful baby... you have it all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner