Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Restored Vintage Irvin Foster Steerhide Leather Jacket arrived today...

Navin323i

Practically Family
For those of you who missed the "story" behind this jacket, please see the thread below...
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=49090

Well, I finally got the jacket back today after having dropped off the jacket with a local seamstress/shoe-repair place back in early May.

The repairs done to the jacket included:

1) Replacing the interior lining with a lining material I picked up at a local fabric store.

2) Replace the damaged vintage Conmar Conmatic main zipper with a vintage 1950s NOS Conmar zipper that I purchased from Mash-Japan.

3) Repair any stitchings that came undone on the jacket exterior.

Pictures are below (Note that Pecards Antique Leather Dressing was used to condition this jacket)...

Pics of the Irvin jacket before restoration...

Navin-IrvinBefore1.jpg

Navin-IrvinBefore2.jpg

Pics of the Irvin jacket after restoration...

Navin-Restored-Irvin1.jpg

Navin-Restored-Irvin2.jpg

Navin-Restored-Irvin3.jpg

You can see the new Conmar main zipper along with the original Conmar chest pocket zipper...
Navin-Restored-Irvin4.jpg

Navin-Restored-Irvin5.jpg

Pics of the old interior lining, leftover new interior lining, and original damaged Conmar Conmatic zipper
Navin-Restored-Irvin6.jpg

Navin-Restored-Irvin7.jpg

Since you all have seen the earlier pics of me wearing this jacket, I figured I'd do something different and show how this jacket would look on someone smaller (my little angel... a VERY tall 5 year old)
My daughter and I have a father-daughter bonding tradition of doing a weekly "camping trip" in our family room area with a different theme each camping trip. This week's camping trip theme will be LEATHER JACKETS... she will wear the Irvin jacket while her daddy wears his new Aero Leather police jacket that arrived yesterday.
Navin-Restored-Irvin8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Thanks WolfeMan! I was beginning to worry since I saw so many views and no replies, haha!

The only complaint I have about the jacket now is the people who stitched my Irvin Foster tag onto the new lining unfortunately stitched it on a bit crookedly so that it's not perfectly horizontal.

Given that no one will really see this when I'm wearing the jacket it's not a big deal. I was told to fix it they would have to remove the lining again plus you'd see stitch holes where the tag used to be... not worth the hassle.

Peacoat

Bartender
And he made some good ones. Welcome to the Lounge.

Do you do anything with the leather jackets, or did that end when your Dad closed the business?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Very nice jacket. I would agree that the seamstress did a good job.
Even more importantly, you deserve accolades for spending time with you daughter!

Thank you very much! My apologies for my delay in replying.

My daughters and wife are my reason for surviving my 5 major open heart surgeries... God wanted me alive to serve as both a husband and a father... there is nothing else that is as humbling of a privilege than to be a husband/wife and father/mother. :)

Navin

Thank you very much! My apologies for my delay in replying.

My daughters and wife are my reason for surviving my 5 major open heart surgeries... God wanted me alive to serve as both a husband and a father... there is nothing else that is as humbling of a privilege than to be a husband/wife and father/mother. :

Navin

Really good to hear from you,Navin,it's been awhile...!!
HD

Windward

Practically Family
Hey Navin ... glad you're alive and kicking. . . !!!!
Art

Oops . . . double? You see how serious I was. . .

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hey Navin ... glad you're alive and kicking. . . !!!!
Art

Oops . . . double? You see how serious I was. . .

Haha! Thanks Windward... great to hear from you, my friend! I have another surgical procedure coming up to fix my heart that is now beating at 280 beats per minute. Hopefully this will be it in terms of surgeries for a long time. :)

Really good to hear from you,Navin,it's been awhile...!!
HD

Really great to hear from you too, my friend! I hope you and your family have all been doing well. :)

One of the Regulars
Hello Navin;
Glad to hear that you are back!
Hopefully everything will be good after your upcoming surgery!
Best vibes for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff