Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Victory Collection - New Addition

Just got this original 1942 decal today to add to my Victory Collection - I'm very big on the WWII Homefront / Victory items.

It's too fragile to use as-is, but I'm thinking I'll make a water slide decal out of it and put it on my car window...

VictoryDecal-1.jpg

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Hamilton Honey- That's a great piece!! You said you had a collection? I'd love to see some of the other pieces you have- I'm in love with WWII homefront items myself!!

Fight For Freedom!

Here's a pin that I won recently on ebay in excellent condition:

VictoryPinDefendAmerica.jpg

VictoryPinDefendAmericaBack.jpg

And here's the interesting part:

"Fight for Freedom, Inc. (FFF), a national citizen’s organization established in April 1941, was a leading proponent of full American participation in World War II. Believing that the war was a threat to American freedom and security, FFF boldly and vehemently championed the interventionist cause, advocating that all necessary measures must be taken to insure the defeat of Adolf Hitler and the German Army. In addition, FFF worked to preserve fundamental American freedoms at home. An offshoot of the Committee to Defend America by Aiding the Allies, FFF was supported by average citizens, as well as prominent educators, labor leaders, authors and playwrights, clergy, stage and screen actors, newspaper men, and politicians. Acting as a clearinghouse for information related to American intervention in World War II, FFF monitored the activities of the leading isolationist organization, the America First Committee, and many of its key individuals such as Charles A. Lindbergh, Burton Wheeler, and Gerald Nye. From its headquarters in New York City, FFF spread its message through an extensive network of state and local branches, as well as through heavy reliance on local newspaper editors supportive of the interventionist cause. Pearl Harbor effectively ended the isolationist-interventionist debate, and by early 1942 FFF had disbanded."

I love pieces of history like this in my hands! And I love sharing it with others too. I wear my pins very frequently, and love to chat with people about them when it comes up.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Hamilton_Honey said:
This is my best treasure right now in my collection:

VictoryVase.jpg

Sorry the pic isn't too clear - roommate has the digital cam - this is from my cell phone.

What are the dimensions of this? Is it a ceramic vase-like item? I've never seen anythink like it.:eusa_clap

Quigley Brown said:
What are the dimensions of this? Is it a ceramic vase-like item? I've never seen anythink like it.:eusa_clap

Hi Quigley - yes, this is a ceramic vase in a great buff pink shade made by RumRill pottery. It stands about 8" high, and the base is about 4" wide x 3" deep and the top of the V is about 8" wide. I was very thrilled to find it!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Hamilton Honey- I actually have a magazine reprint of that same "keeping the homefront easy on the eyes" add! That's really awesome! I love it when things come full circle like that!

What an amazing collection! It would be neat to see what you're going to do with some of those transfer patterns! Keep the pics coming! I love them! :D

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
I have a small collection of 'V' items...mainly pins. This one is my favorite.

vpin.jpg
i think i am going to cry! that is the most beautiful V-pin i have ever seen...

edit: i only have a simple "V" (grandmother's) and one with [size=+2]. . . -[/size] on it in red/white/blue rhinestones

Yay! New find!

In my local thrift shop this afternoon and scored this WWII Victory Medal for $3 and it is still in it's original box! I nearly fell over :)

VictoryMedalFront.jpg

VictoryMedalReverse.jpg

The Text on the box lid reads:

The American Legion
National Headquarters
Indianapolis

Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about this medal if you're curious about more details (and sharper pictures too): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_Victory_Medal

Kim_B

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:
In my local thrift shop this afternoon and scored this WWII Victory Medal for $3 and it is still in it's original box! I nearly fell over :)

VictoryMedalFront.jpg

VictoryMedalReverse.jpg

The Text on the box lid reads:

The American Legion
National Headquarters
Indianapolis

Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about this medal if you're curious about more details (and sharper pictures too): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_Victory_Medal

That is wild that it made it to CA from Indiana...your collection is way too cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails