Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage borsalino

Looks like you got a pretty good deal. The hat will probably look like a million when you finish blocking it a bit.
That seller usually takes a bit of time to get the hat to you though. I think it comes from europe directly. The Cervo that I got from them was a good deal.

Regards to all,

J

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Your hat is a size 6 7/8 . These hats are from Bulgaria .Apparently , someone there has found a large quantity of hats from the 1930's and has been selling them on Ebay for quite some time . I received one that I had reblocked and it's a great hat . The quality is much better than todays garbage . They need to package them a bit better though.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
vintage buy

The Borsalino looks like a good buy! I have just won a brown 1940s Herbert Johnson on ebay.co.uk for around $50 - very like a modern Poet but made in Britain in those days. I haven't received it yet, but it seems to be in very good condition. I've already spoken to HJ about taking up one size.

Alan

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Sam Archer said:
We bid on this hat two minutes before the auction ended and were outbid, but we bid again at the last minute and won the hat! I can't wait until it gets here! I will rebash it when it gets here.
Sam and everyone:

Here's a secret for winning more eBay auctions -- Auction Sniper -- This service permits you to enter bids in the last FIVE TO SEVEN SECONDS before an eBay auction closes. This not only helps to ensure that yours is the LAST bid placed (usually), but it also helps mask your interest in an item. I can't tell you how many times I have won an auction from someone who bid the minimum and sat around for several days thinking that they were going to get the item at the minimum bid. The ONLY drawback to this process is that you have just one opportunity to bid. So, know what you're bidding on (I'm getting BETTER at that) and what you're willing to pay. If you do, your success rate will improve IMMENSELY using a sniper system such as Auction Sniper.

Of course, as others have mentioned in other threads, you DO risk sniping something that someone else here at FL is bidding on. If that concerns you, then you need to ask FL friends to tell you their eBay handles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR