Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage Car Aquisition Odyssey

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
Humphrey? Oh no!!! Don't call it that! Guys for as long as cars have been around have named cars with more feminine names... name her something simple and sweet, she's a sweet car, a rare gem, you have to name it something that reflects what she is! How about Pearl? Pearl is a nice name and it's also a '41... Remember Pearl Harbor? Yeah, kind of works out nice that way.... toss it around, you'll come up something sweet.

Make sense?

=WR=

I'm with ya bro'.

Gal's name, not a bloke's....

'41....

Mmmm....

Pearl....

Too sedate....?

Jenny's way cool...

Wild Root

Gone Home
How about... Margaret... or Helen? Nice old fashioned names! That's the way to go... Yeah, Jenny's a good one but, we only need one Jenny here! Hahahaha.

I'm kind of soft on Pearl though... kind of like that name... well, I'll name my '41 Plymouth that when I get one.;)

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
You're right about that... but, when I looked at that car, I thought it was a "Pearl of Great Price" sort of speak. When I named my car, it took me a wile... I looked at it, and looked at it... I tried a few names like Betty, Ginger or Sally, no, Jenny stuck! My car is a Jenny but, Brian's is well, we'll have to see but, I like Pearl, it's easy to say, easy to remember and well, and that car is priceless when you think of it... Maybe try on for size... Gene or Ester... you'll figure it out. But, it has to be an old fashioned name and one that just suits the car... it will be easier after you get it and drive it around a few times.;) You kind of have to get to know the car before you name it.

=WR=

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Story said:
"H",
Well done!

I looked up Lewis Jenkins and found the following, which may be of interest -

LEWIS JENKINS
—THE MAN AND HIS CARS

Story,

You're a genius,

I can't locate any info on Google or Ask.

Anyho....

Top research mate!

Cool thing just happened, I contacted the President of the Cadillac La Salle Club as per yer first article.

He came back to me reallly quickly and said DVD on Jenkins interview out September. I am so getting that copy. Story: THANK YOU!

:eusa_clap

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
You're right about that... but, when I looked at that car, I thought it was a "Pearl of Great Price" sort of speak. When I named my car, it took me a wile... I looked at it, and looked at it... I tried a few names like Betty, Ginger or Sally, no, Jenny stuck! My car is a Jenny but, Brian's is well, we'll have to see but, I like Pearl, it's easy to say, easy to remember and well, and that car is priceless when you think of it... Maybe try on for size... Gene or Ester... you'll figure it out. But, it has to be an old fashioned name and one that just suits the car... it will be easier after you get it and drive it around a few times.;) You kind of have to get to know the car before you name it.

=WR=

Ahh, Rob, I swear, you're making me positively DROOL!

Stop!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Mr. 'H' said:
Story,

You're a genius,

I can't locate any info on Google or Ask.

Story: THANK YOU!

:eusa_clap

You're more than welcome, but I'll let you in on the secret - you have to dance naked and counter-clockwise while doing the Google search, else they won't return interesting results.

;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. H I named my Packard after a beloved cat who was named for Jimi Hendrix. The cat had slick black hair. I call the car Hendrix or Drix for short.
The Packard had broadcloth upholstery and except for the driver's seating area it is all original from 1950.

At shows and cruise ins people love to stick their heads in the window and inhale that nostalgic "old car" aroma. It triggers memories from their childhood of long gone cars that their parents and relative had in which they rode.
00leftfront1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot