Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My X-mas Present to myself.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Pics soon I promise promise!

I reluctantly Ebayed myself a Cagleco Sportswear G-1 Jacket showing Signs of Real Flight hours on it. It went on sale for a one day premium offer so I sweat some bullets, picked up my Marbles and dropped the hammer down.

The wait...the wait was arduous, daunting and brutal, I did Just about sleep through the wait to make the days pass faster! you KNOW what I mean. *Laughs*

You all know the Excitement opening up the box and slipping on your new (or in this case OLD) purchase for the first time! The sense of pride that washes over you like a kid all over again.

Crawling into an old battered flight Jacket, a deep familiar Aroma of Cockpit waiting to greet me. This one has the same smell as a few other items in my collection that had spent time inside a military Aircraft, Its a distinct hydraulic or electronic Tube amp kind of smell that warms up and releases as my body head begins its Job to break back the goat into shape. This one really shrunk up over time. You know its the smell that Bled through the sweat-rotted liner from a pair of manky nylon coveralls. That Dead engine stale sweat old Nylon vintage smell only decades can know, Its a very heavy smell.

My Brother says this one makes me look like a WWII pilot.

The Local post office Lady laughs, I always show her whats in my Parcels, and She joked with me about how many of these Jackets do I have now etc...* I got a million and one* I say, she has seen me buy about 5 or more now in the last 7 years.

The liner and tag are intact, They are Just torn away from the Yoke and collar of the Jacket.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 211

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Look forward to fit pics too. I have always been a sucker for military issued G-1's ever since I was issued mine in 1967. I'd still have it if it had not been stolen in 1969. :p

Deacon211

One Too Many
Beautiful looking jacket. I agree that military aviation equipment does have that unique smell that gives a jacket that sense of authenticity.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Here is the first pic, My Bro isnt the most cooperative Photographer!

The sleeves feel very Narrow around the Cuffs.

It looks and feels snug compared to anything Im used to like the Nylon Stuff and modern Fashion, But I am certain it fits about right more or less.

Attachments

• 734d044b-cba6-4a69-94db-6b22a0560922.jpg
    734d044b-cba6-4a69-94db-6b22a0560922.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 168

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21