Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NaNoWriMo

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
zaika said:
HA!!!! lol that's failing miserably? oh dear. try not getting past 10,000 each year since 2003. sorry to laugh. it's just that i would be very proud of myself to finish the month at 47,000 words. you should too. that's a great accomplishment!

hope i didn't offend. ;)

The year before that I reached, I think, 7,000.

I called 47,000 miserable... because to get THAT close and not reach 50,000 was a serious knife wound in the gut. I think I wrote something like 13,000 words in the last 2 days.

On a similar note, when I completed the 50,000, I wrote the last 10,000 in one night, giving half-credit to a bottle of vodka. (And that was by hand. I think I have arthritis now.)

Yes, please do start a thread so that I may check up on the happenings. Who knows, if October turns to be as unproductive as the last 3 months, which odds are it will, I might force myself to retry the 50,000.

zaika

One Too Many
Jack Scorpion said:
The year before that I reached, I think, 7,000.

I called 47,000 miserable... because to get THAT close and not reach 50,000 was a serious knife wound in the gut. I think I wrote something like 13,000 words in the last 2 days.

On a similar note, when I completed the 50,000, I wrote the last 10,000 in one night, giving half-credit to a bottle of vodka. (And that was by hand. I think I have arthritis now.)

Yes, please do start a thread so that I may check up on the happenings. Who knows, if October turns to be as unproductive as the last 3 months, which odds are it will, I might force myself to retry the 50,000.

i see...yes. to have the goal so close...i, too would be annoyed. ;)
oh, hey! a trick! i will have to have some hard liquor handy. i can imagine it now. a night of passionate writing and lots of booze. i love it! lol
if not this one, i will start a thread for the actual duration.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I JUST decided, despite the level of alcohol in my system, that I will participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. Let's keep this thread on the first page, y'all.

carter

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
how? how did you do it? i sit down to write and nothing comes. nothing. ??? this year i'm going to attempt to just write anything down, even if it's utter rubbish.

In that case...can I publish an edited (how quite escapes me at the moment) version of WONK? lol :eek:

At the very least, the readers may develop quite a serious headache and a raging thirst. :D

zaika

One Too Many
carter said:
In that case...can I publish an edited (how quite escapes me at the moment) version of WONK? lol :eek:

At the very least, the readers may develop quite a serious headache and a raging thirst. :D

for nanowrimo (not that anyone's really policing the things), you can't count works that are simply edited. you have to write 50,000 words from 11/1-30. but i'm sure you're re-write would be HYSTERICAL. i, for one, would love to read it. lol

zaika

One Too Many
Jack Scorpion said:
I JUST decided, despite the level of alcohol in my system, that I will participate in this year's NaNoWriMo. Let's keep this thread on the first page, y'all.

:eusa_clap good luck to you jack!

i need some alcohol in my system...i might stock up just for november.

my liver will hate me.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I just joined too! My user name is Emmpanda. I didn't friend anyone cos I couldn't work out how to do it.:eusa_doh:

carter

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
for nanowrimo (not that anyone's really policing the things), you can't count works that are simply edited. you have to write 50,000 words from 11/1-30. but i'm sure you're re-write would be HYSTERICAL. i, for one, would love to read it. lol

Perhaps I could rewrite it as 'A-work-within-a-work', much as Noises Off is a play-within-a-play. Hmmm...

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beside the couple hundred articles I've written, I also have 3 book length manuscripts. I write historical combat stuff mostly about WW II air combat. My articles have been published in now-defunct magazines and on a few websites of the same genre. The old search for a publisher for books is an arduous one and with my medical ailments I've about lost interest anyhow.

Self publishing is an alternative for some of you perhaps. I look at that but can't see any major plus for my situation. If nothing else you can say you did it for yourself.[huh]

nyx

One of the Regulars
After much thought, I'm going to give it a try too. I realized if I spent as much time writing, as I did reading and posting in these forums, I'd have written at least 3 books by now :D My name is "nyxnemesis" on the website.

zaika

One Too Many
Ladies and Gentlemen,
NaNoWriMo begins at midnight tonight. I wish you all luck.
Question...would you like me to start a new thread for daily/weekly check in's, questions, inspiration, venting? I wonder if we could start our own Fedora Lounge thread in the NaNoWriMo forums?
Let me know what you think...or if you care. lol

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
Never done it myself, but my girlfriend's been at it for years.

Last year, she decided it wasn't challenge enough and did NaNoWriWeek.

Then not long after, she did NaNoWriDay. :eek:

zaika

One Too Many
Okay, so I started a thread in NaNoWriMo's forum under the room "Writing Groups and Clubs" if you want to hang out there as well. We can keep this thread going, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy