Natal leather

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by John D Maccarter, Dec 3, 2020.

1. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One Too Many

Cool American motorcycle jacket, heafty, well made, rhino hide jacket. Ykk hardware Good condition. Tagged a 46 measurements follow
    Pit-23.5
    Sleeve-25.75
    Shoulder- 20
    Back- 26
    20201202_180558.jpg 20201202_180624.jpg 20201202_180611.jpg 20201202_180905.jpg

Robbie79, jonbuilder, ton312 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Rhino? that's different! So cool, man

3. John D Maccarter

Hey I'm sure its cowhide I was just referring to the thickness of the hide an it being beastly I don't want anyone to be mislead about that.

jonbuilder, Jin431 and Kalmer like this.
  4. Kalmer

Kalmer One of the Regulars

All rhinos are extremely endangered. It would be not cool at all, or rather, a serious problem.

Guppy and Jin431 like this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

It sure does look like cowhide. That would have been strange

Agree to that sentiment, always thought people poached rhinos for their horns not for their hide

Kalmer likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out these jackets were deerskin. Which only makes it better. My favorite jacket ever.

7. Jrolfe

Jrolfe A-List Customer

I love Natal. So underrated. I have seen one for sale listed as “elk”. What do you think @Monitor ? Possibly?

8. Monitor

Monitor

No clue. It's a weird cowhide, that's for sure. It's got that... Bursting effect that I've only seen on deer jackets, don't know how to describe it any better. The jacket you bought from Ton had it on coupla places. That's very uncharacteristic of cow.

Jrolfe likes this.
  9. Jrolfe

Jrolfe A-List Customer

Not high jacking this post! Just saying how incredible Natal jackets are and questioning the animal source. 5AC488AD-D280-48EF-96F5-5D8D486E8E91.jpeg

JMax, Robbie79 and Monitor like this.
  10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Looks a bit like JL’s naked cow after some wear. I just returned such a jacket on ebay because it STANK.

My Legendary vest in naked cow looks like this too. It was my club vest for a number of years, some time ago, I wore the heck out of it. They still trying to pull me back in. Nope, I’m good doing my thing.

11. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

My TRD jacket was naked cow and very similar to the leather in the Natal jackets I've handled. I assume Natal are bovine as well, but if you really want to know, you're going to need to do a DNA test.

12. John D Maccarter

Sold

Monitor and JMax like this.