Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Absinthe Day today

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Well, why not? There are national days for everything else. (Truth is, every day is absinthe day.) Suck it up, kiddies!

FRIDAY, MARCH 5th: NATIONAL ABSINTHE DAY

Viridian Spirits has declared March 5th National Absinthe Day in honor of the U.S. repeal of the ban of absinthe, which occurred exactly three years ago on this day when the U.S. government officially granted Viridian the right to import Lucid Absinthe Supérieure into the United States. Viridian Spirits obtained this approval through lengthy negotiations with the government, thus making its flagship product, Lucid Absinthe Supérieure, the first genuine absinthe to be legally available in the U.S. in over 95 years.

R.A. Stewart

Familiar Face
Well, it does make the heart grow fonder.

(Actually I've yet to taste it--even reasonably good absinthe is pretty pricey. But I could never resist a bad pun. I'll go away now.) :D

~Rich

P.S. Well, I see while I was typing Marc jumped in with an even worse one. I don't know whether that makes me feel less embarrassed, or more envious.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
You don't say. I'll share the festive news with my houseguests this evening, then watch them scrunch up their noses whilst I enjoy a lovely, green, glowing sip of delight. ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Matt Deckard said:
Why couldn't they do it on a Wednesday?

Why? Because the movie already exists and we can't change its name now.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQQNEUpFBzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQQNEUpFBzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
R.A. Stewart said:
Well, it does make the heart grow fonder.

(Actually I've yet to taste it--even reasonably good absinthe is pretty pricey. But I could never resist a bad pun. I'll go away now.) :D

~Rich

P.S. Well, I see while I was typing Marc jumped in with an even worse one. I don't know whether that makes me feel less embarrassed, or more envious.

Yes, it does.

An advt. from the 1930s:
Herbsaintscotty1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy