Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

National Day of Prayer?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
freebird said:
True, there are always a few on the fringe, but as far as an organized multi-religion effort there is none.

I think most folks are like me. I don't try to shove religion down anyone's throat, but I'm ashamed either. I don't believe that any one religion has a lock on going to Heaven. My feeling is that Heaven won't be all one color, nationality, or faith, it will be made of many different races, nationalities and beliefs. I believe we are to work out our own faith with "fear and trembling" and if we are in need of correction then that still small voice, most commonly refereed to as our conscience, will let us know where we need correcting. However, IF you choose not to believe, then that is your choice, I'll still pray for you, if only because you're my friend, but I won't try to force it down your throat either. All I ask for is respect for my feelings/beliefs. I'll respect your choice too, might not agree with it, but I'll respect you nonetheless.

Sorry I got so longwinded.:eek: Not trying to preach a sermon, but more or less putting into words what I think many Christians believe. It's sad that the fringe element is usually the ones who get the media coverage.....like that wacko Baptist church in Kansas that protests at our Soldiers funerals...
.:rage:

I doubt by the time we "...get to heaven" that the issue of "races, nationalities and beliefs" will be at all relevant. I tend to believe what 'old master' said, that "the kingdom of heaven is inside you", and if you look close enough you'll find it - in yourself and others.

I have to agree with K.D.L though that there certainly are religions, both our and theirs, that would stop at nothing to have state imposed theocracy and kill if you stood in their way.

-dixon cannon

freebird

Practically Family
Dixon Cannon said:
I doubt by the time we "...get to heaven" that the issue of "races, nationalities and beliefs" will be at all relevant. I tend to believe what 'old master' said, that "the kingdom of heaven is inside you", and if you look close enough you'll find it - in yourself and others.
Semantics [huh] Like I said tho, to put it in a nutshell, live and let live. lol I've got too many problems of my own to worry about someone else's. If we all worried about keeping our own house in order, then we wouldn't have time to worry about our neighbors messy house. :D

Dixon Cannon said:
I have to agree with K.D.L though that there certainly are religions, both our and theirs, that would stop at nothing to have state imposed theocracy and kill if you stood in their way.

-dixon cannon

Fortunately those are in the minority, but they usually make for good news coverage and we see more of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails