Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Bridge Reefer Peacoat help with dating? :)

wyogems

New in Town
Hello I have this Navy Bridge Coat I have been trying to date....and I am a bit confused...Julius Horowitt Long Beach San Diego is the label and a label with the name of the owner Roger L. Rue...it has a zip out liner with a silver talon zipper...the inside pockets are blue chamois type cloth...Gold buttons are marked Waterbury Button Co....It is very fitted and would actually look nice ona woman

I tried to add some pictures but this forum won't allow me to add the photos, any ideas on that?

Peacoat

Bartender
Julius Horowitt has been around for a long time. These Bridge Coats are difficult/impossible to date. Some of the older labels had the location, "New York" as well as "Long Beach San Diego" following the name. Many of them were purchased outside of the normal military supply channels. You might look in the pockets to see if there is a tag, such as the one below. If so, the coat will be easy to date.

OM (CTM) 1508 0.1. 479-C-58

To post photographs, you will see an icon in the tools section in the middle row above the text section. It will be the sixth icon from the right. Hover over it, and it will say "image." Go from there. I haven't used this particular feature since the board was reconfigured a while back. We used to have to use a third party server.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner