Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neat find - Vintage Suede Ibex un-lined trucker/jean jacket

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
One of those rare times you're in Goodwill and browsing, just looking around. Right there I found this un-lined, tag-less gem and just took it straight to the checkout. Didn't even try it on. Question I have is where did it come from and what would be the real vintage?

IMG_6214.JPG

From what I can see there's a "Ibex" name with a bull with large horns getting ready to run on every snap. Here's a photo of that:

IMG_6215.JPG

As far as condition goes, I'd give this an 8.5/10 or maybe a 9. There's clearly some discoloration to the outside, but it appears to have been worn very little, as the inside stitching and seams show very little wear. Not stitching out of place or blown out seams. It even smells nice, no smoke or mildew odors. The color seems to have "lightened" to the dusty tan, from more of an olive green color, see below of the pocket outside verses under the flaps:

IMG_6231.JPG

IMG_6232.JPG

I really like the shape and cut of the pockets and the snapped flaps!

Here's a photo showing part of the un-lined inside, note all the stitching, you can clearly see how it was made.

IMG_6225.JPG

The back is, as most trucker or jeans styles, fairly plain. There are two adjusting straps at the bottom, and just a simply straight horizontal yoke line. I've always kind of wondered why most of these do not have a "v" yoke, it might compliment the front pocket design. However I presume it would make the jacket more challenging to build.

IMG_6221.JPG

So overall a nice little find. It'll be going into the classified most likely soon, as it's just too small overall for me. However I want to research it a bit more first, and there's a friend in my area who is wanting to try and make a leather jacket, so I plan to let him examine this one quite a bit first. Please feel free to add in details if you know anything about this company or history. Thanks for reading! :)

That is an absolutely awesome jacket!

Funny, I always thought Ibex is a German company but now the internet tells me they're UK based. Apparently they're still in business and are making shoes these days.

That's a very nice Type-III in any case, looks like it fits well (it actually reminds me of LL's take on the style, the .988). Vintage UK made jacket like this, I'd say this is quite a find.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Monitor! It's probably on a size 40 or so, it's short on me and the sleeves are short, but 'tis the style, eh?

I'll post measurements soon.

pak

One of the Regulars
An ibex is a wild goat which typically lives in the rugged mountains. They have massive horn for their body size. Ibex was a USA company that made high quality wool garments. They recently closed. That is a nice jacket.

technovox

One Too Many
I always like hearing about thrift store finds and stories like this one- it's nice to know there's still some hidden gems out there. Good score!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot