Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a makeup artist and hairdresser for my wedding

Grant Fan

Practically Family
First off I am not sure I have this is the correct place, if it isn't please feel free to move it. I am getting married in November in Annapolis MD and I have asked my 8 (I know tons) bridesmaids to all get dresses made from a their choices of 10 Butterick and Vogue retro pasterns. I want all of my friends to have their hair and make up in vintage styles (1940s- early 60s). If it weren't my wedding day I would do everyone hair and makeup but I can't see how to that would be relaxing to me. Anyway I want to hire a hair dresser and a makeup artist (either one of both or one person who can do both things) to do my friends hair and makeup for them on our wedding day. Do you ladies know of anyone in the Annapolis MD area who can do this?

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Congrats!!
I just may know someone, we've worked on shoots together before. Lemme see if she's still down there!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Congrats!!
I just may know someone, we've worked on shoots together before. Lemme see if she's still down there!

That would be great :D I am usually the one doing my own hair and the other models hair for my pinup shoots and I don't want to do that on my wedding.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
First off, congratulations!! I was also a November bride. :D

I don't know of anyone, but have you tried looking on Craigslist? I frequently see makeup & hair ads on our local CL, and some might even be willing to trade the work for their portfolio.

I'd also take a trip to the mall and scope out the girls working behind the cosmetic counters. If you see one you like, ask her if she freelances. I'd especially look at the MAC counters, they tend to be a little more "costumey" with their makeup sometimes, and I know many of the girls here do freelance work.

Last edited:

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
I can't recommend anyone from that area but may I suggest that you hire BOTH a hairdresser and a make-up artist? With that number of bridesmaids each sitting for one person, it will take quite some time to complete all their looks. Having two people on had will help move things along a bit faster. Good luck with all your wedding plans!!! My best wishes to you on your wedding day!

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately my lady isn't in MD anymore :(.
I think the advice to have both a makeup artist and a hairdresser is a good one though. I know at my salon for that many people they'd take 2 hairdressers and a makeup artist just to give you an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy