Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a name!- war era big band piece

Capt. Harkness

New in Town
I've been looking for the name and/ or artist of this song for years and have come up with nothing...Tommy Dorsey came to my mother's mind when i played the song for her, but still nothing.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=76smtcfPyzo

Please go to the above link and at about 20 seconds in, the song becomes fully audible. Can anyone tell me who did that song? It's a fantastic piece and I've yet to find any leads online.

-Earlier in the episode that the video clip is from, the jukebox selection for this track (C7) reveals the part of a song title "Last Dance" if that helps at all.

Thanks!!!!!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
That really doesn't sound familiar to me. I suspect it was composed for this film. Are you sure you've heard the melody in any other context?
Ask Fletch!

Snookie

Practically Family
I think dhermann1's right, that this was composed for the show. +1 and I watched the clip, and neither the arrangement nor the recording quality sound old enough. It's usually cheaper for them to record their own music than to pay royalties.

Capt. Harkness

New in Town
You guys think so? The thought of it being made for the show crossed my mind , but I remembered other episodes where licensed music was used (In the Still of the Night by the Five Satans was one) But with no leads anywhere and the cliched title "Last Dance", I guess it only makes sense. Too bad, really. Thanks anyways :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou