Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need advice on the FITTING ONLY please

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
maybe you have illusion the jacket being snug because the shearling is fluffy , but that jacket obviously is very big , your hip bone is narrow so even when you gain a lot of weight it will not be undersized, since your question is about if the jacket would fit you 20-25 kilos heavier, yes it will and still have some space for more.
thanks for your reply! yeah except it's only about 11 kg (25 ish pounds) since i'm only around 105 right now from illness. I figured it should fit because i wore asweater underneath and somebody was able to fit their entire arm inside

another user said that the shearling should compress over time and as you can see, i added a photo of the overlap and of me pulling it out with my middle finger on my chest to show the amount of give i currently have (pics were all taken wearing a normal sweatshirt that I would use with it)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
do you think a leather tailor/expert can fix it? i mean, i can fit my entire arm in the space while wearing a sweater
What do you want to fix? Either the jacket is tight, in which case it can hardly be changed with reasonable effort, or it is too wide. Then it could be made tighter. But then it will feel even tighter.

Without wanting to offend you, but somehow it seems to me as if this is someone's fun thread ;-)

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
What do you want to fix? Either the jacket is tight, in which case it can hardly be changed with reasonable effort, or it is too wide. Then it could be made tighter. But then it will feel even tighter.

Without wanting to offend you, but somehow it seems to me as if this is someone's fun thread ;-)
Sorry but what do you mean fun thread? I legitimately am worried about the chest area being too small for me

Rich22

Practically Family
I suspect people might be inclined to think you're not being serious with this thread. You post pictures of a jacket that is too big and ask if it looks too small, and you say the chest is too tight yet you included a photograph showing how much excess material there is in the chest?

IMG_3688.jpeg

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Im skrr
I suspect people might be inclined to think you're not being serious with this thread. You post pictures of a jacket that is too big and ask if it looks too small, and you say the chest is too tight yet you included a photograph showing how much excess material there is in the ches

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
ah okay. I apologize if i come off as doing that; i am legitimately concerned since i never had a leather jacket like this. every other one that i've ever had was very clearly too roomy and large on me, so having something closer to fitting me is throwing me off and i'm very paranoid about it

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
It’s already been established that the jacket is too big for you now.
This being your dream jacket and having saved for it for a long time, I’d say, you just wait how it FEELS once you reached your weight goal.
i guess that's all i can really do. but like i said, only 25 pounds or so which isn't that huge
since it's distributed all over.

If you….
Run a 12 month 750mg tren each day cycle
Eat 12 chickens, 2 lbs of ground beef, a 10 lb. bag of potatoes, 75 eggs, and 2 jars of peanut butter every day….
It’ll still be too big. I don’t understand how this jacket feels like anything other than a massive bag of shearling. From the photos it looks enormous. I think you’d honestly need 75lbs to make it fit right. Maybe more?

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
If you….
Eat 12 chickens, 2 lbs of ground beef, a 10 lb. bag of potatoes, 75 eggs, and 2 jars of peanut butter every day….
It’ll still be too big. I don’t understand how this jacket feels like anything other than a massive bag of shearling. From the photos it looks enormous. I think you’d honestly need 75lbs to make it fit right. Maybe more?
well my dad is 5'5 about (maybe 5'4) and 160 ish pounds and it can't even come close to zipping up on him. he can barely get it on and looks like a doofus with it

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
If you….
I'm starting to think his post is a joke.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I sent them a size small (36-38) and told them to add room for the shearling. They said they added a half inch to account for it. Not knowing better, I said okay since...I'm not a jacket maker and trusted their expertise. The jacket I sent them doesn't fit me well btw. Quite big.
What size is it? 34”?

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I'm starting to think his post is a joke.
it's not. i'm just really concerned about the fit. i've never gotten a jacket that fit properly before so having this even feel a bit snug is eriously throwing me off. i guess i don't understand how a jacket 'should' fit. i'd appreciate any help/advice

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
sorry, not sure what happened. stll figuring out this site and i was on mobile. i am not sure if you got my original reply, but i am gonna copy pasted here. thanks

"ah okay. I apologize if i come off as doing that; i am legitimately concerned since i never had a leather jacket like this. every other one that i've ever had was very clearly too roomy and large on me, so having something closer to fitting me is throwing me off and i'm very paranoid about it"

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
hi all. i got my dream jacket but i am concerned that it is too small (i am underweight by about 20 pounds or so, i am worried i will be too big when i gain it back)

i gave the measurements of another jacket that fit me well at my regular weight and then asked them to make sure they lelave extra room for the shearling inside and they said they added a half inch. not knowing better, i said okay because they were the experts making it so i assumed they knew better

how does it look? is it too small? will it give/stretch a bit?

full cowhide with shearling interior

To your original post:
I had a similar experience.

I got a suede coat as a freshman in high school. I was about 5’ 7” and wrestled 98 lbs but weighed 85 lbs.
I thought it was the coolest coat in the world and that i looked great in it. I even had my initials monogrammed on the chest.
Now i’m 6’ and about 160 lbs. I still have that coat and the damn thing still isn’t “too small”!!
That was 53 years ago.
So yeah….i think you’ve got a good 50 years before you have to worry!
B
We done here??

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
To your original post:
I had a similar experience.

I got a suede coat as a freshman in high school. I was about 5’ 7” and wrestled 98 lbs but weighed 85 lbs.
I thought it was the coolest coat in the world and that i looked great in it. I even had my initials monogrammed on the chest.
Now i’m 6’ and about 160 lbs. I still have that coat and the damn thing still isn’t “too small”!!
That was 53 years ago.
So yeah….i think you’ve got a good 50 years before you have to worry!
B
We done here??
Thanks for the anecdote, if that's the case then i should be GOLDEN

i was just really worried. thanks for the re-assurance. as i'm sure you read, perhaps the culprit is the shearling inside which is worrying me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner