Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need advice on the FITTING ONLY please

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the anecdote, if that's the case then i should be GOLDEN

i was just really worried. thanks for the re-assurance. as i'm sure you read, perhaps the culprit is the shearling inside which is worrying me.
Yes, i read all 29 of your posts since your joining Friday and yes, you are most certainly GOLDEN and yes, the culprit MUST be the shearling and yes, you can stop worrying.
B

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Yes, i read all 29 of your posts since your joining Friday and yes, you are most certainly GOLDEN and yes, the culprit MUST be the shearling and yes, you can stop worrying.
B
sorry! like i said it's my first time and I REALLY appreciate everybody's valuable feedback and time to help

great community. thank you

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think the weight of the jacket plus the shearling give illusion your jacket is tight against your chest, it will fit you when you're bigger, if by then it is still too big you can alter it or change the closure into button style closure that overlaps that will reduce a lot of excess.

Peacoat

Bartender
I sent them a size small (36-38) and told them to add room for the shearling. They said they added a half inch to account for it. Not knowing better, I said okay since...I'm not a jacket maker and trusted their expertise. The jacket I sent them doesn't fit me well btw. Quite big.
Well now, that tells the whole story, doesn't it?

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I think the weight of the jacket plus the shearling give illusion your jacket is tight against your chest, it will fit you when you're bigger, if by then it is still too big you can alter it or change the closure into button style closure that overlaps that will reduce a lot of excess.
good to know. thanks. I actually spoke to a leather tailorer in my city and they said it wouldn't be a problem, however some others on here told me alterations would ruin it, but they sounded so confident that i really do not know.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
i would but he would never let me photograph him. i will say that it's far too tight, he can't even get the front of it to reach together to zip it up. it looks like wearing a coat but somebody cut off the front end of it if that makes sense
I’d like to see a picture of what the jacket looks like on your 160 lb father.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
really? 160 is 73kilos apprx right? I'm currently at 58-60kilos for the last 20 something years, but right after I graduated university I was 73kilos , and I don't think I needed to buy new shirt or pants or jacket, granted my wardrobe at the time are all looser fitting from the 90's, I don't think my well fitted jackets now would fit me 13 kilos heavier, but I'm sure my straight fit pants and some of my denim jacket and leather jacket will.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
well he's also shorter and he has a stocky build (think dwarves)

i'm taller but slim so our weight isn't distributed the same. also, like everyone was saying, i have plenty of space

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner