Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need advice on the FITTING ONLY please

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
hi all. i got my dream jacket but i am concerned that it is too small (i am underweight by about 20 pounds or so, i am worried i will be too big when i gain it back)

i gave the measurements of another jacket that fit me well at my regular weight and then asked them to make sure they lelave extra room for the shearling inside and they said they added a half inch. not knowing better, i said okay because they were the experts making it so i assumed they knew better

how does it look? is it too small? will it give/stretch a bit?

full cowhide with shearling interior

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
If anything its a fair bit too big, if that kind of thing bothers you.
i want it too big, please tell me it is. i need room for my weght gain (obviously i won't gain exclusively in the torso, my calves, legs, butt, chest, shoulders, etc. are all gonna gain a bit of mass but like i said, i'm 25 pounds underweight and my max weight was 130 at 5'6)

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
i want it too big, please tell me it is. i need room for my weght gain (obviously i won't gain exclusively in the torso, my calves, legs, butt, chest, shoulders, etc. are all gonna gain a bit of mass but like i said, i'm 25 pounds underweight and my max weight was 130 at 5'6)
From my perspective you can rest easy that yes, your jacket is much too big for you.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
From my perspective you can rest easy that yes, your jacket is much too big for you.
THANK YOU for your perspective and opinion. i saved for a long time to get this and have been wanting it for almost 10 years. i was panicking all day that the size was screwed up and too small/leave nothing to grow

if it helps, i can fit my arm in the space easily with a sweater under and my outstretched hand

also leather will stretch a bit right? even cowhide? it's a bit stiff but i assume that's because it's brand new

sorry for asking so many questions but it's my first good quality jacket and i never knew about this site until recently

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
i want it too big, please tell me it is.
It's waaaay too big and it will still be too big even if you would gain 40 pounds. Frankly, it doesn't look good on you at all. Why would you want to wear a jacket that doesn't look good?

IMG_7391.jpeg

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
the waste is tighter than it looks and my chest area feels tight. my father is 5'4 160 lbs and it would never fit on him (he couldn't even put it on)

i think it's just made like that

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
It's waaaay too big and it will still be too big even if you would gain 40 pounds. Frankly, it doesn't look good on you at all. Why would you want to wear a jacket that doesn't look good?

View attachment 542674

View attachment 542674
but like, is it normal for a new cowhide and shearling jacket to be rather snug?

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Okay well I'm confused because it's rather snug in my chest area. Is that normal for new shearling? Right now though even with a big hoodie somebody can stick their arm inside easily and open their hand
That jacket does not fit you. It's not even close to fitting you. It's unfortunate, but it's 2 or 3 sizes too large for you.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Yeah it’s too big. You will have room to grow into it.

Snug chest feeling could be the extra material compressing at that area. Sometimes jackets too big with lower armholes can have this feeling.

Just focus on gaining weight and come back to this jacket when winter comes.

zebedee

One Too Many
Is it normal then to be a bit snug in my chest area?
I don't think this is an answerable question given that the rest of the jacket is so massively oversized. If you went into a store and tried this on, you'd ask for three sizes down.

"Right now though even with a big hoodie somebody can stick their arm inside easily and open their hand" - you won't put on weight that ever makes this fit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner