Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need good source for a high quality Optimo Panama hat.

skytop

New in Town
[video=youtube;W-xFgd_NRwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-xFgd_NRwQ[/video]

Ever since I saw the movie "Paper Moon" (1973), I liked the look of the Optimo straw hat that Ryan O'Neal wore in the movie. Now I am looking to find one.

There is a about 5 or 6 quality levels concerning the number of weaves per inch. More weaves, higher quality, smoother feel and greater integrity.

I have looked around for a good quality (Milifino) Optimo but of all the dealers I have looked at, they all sell the same 3 hats which are not satisfactory. There are two direct hat makers on Ebay but I am not entirely comfortable buying over seas on Ebay.

I am hoping someone in the Fedora Lounge fraternity can refer me to a good Optimo seller location. Thanks!

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
There is nothing on his website, but I would talk to PanamaBob. He is very good to work with, and people looking for the best have been known to buy his hats, but then have them finished by Art Fawcett, who does wonderful work.

RBH

Bartender
An old shot of my PanamaBob/Art Fawcett Classic Colonial panama.

009sdu.jpg

skytop

New in Town
I have been to the Optimo site but surprisingly, they do not show any Optimo style hat with the pinched ridge top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo