Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need ideas of iPad for the golden age enthusiast

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
My wife gave me an iPad for our anniversary. I've already downloaded some radio shows and solitaire. My wife laughs because with our first computer I would play solitaire and listen to old time radio, with new technology I do what I would do in the 1930s. :)
I've found some old movies and streaming radio but what else would y'all recommend?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Visit that forum... Whats it called... The Fedora Lounge? Maybe they'll have some ideas ;)

Seriously though, start searching through all the free apps, you're bound to find something!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Check out the "NYPL Biblion" app: The World of Tomorrow, Exploring the 1939-40 World's Fair Collection (New York Public Library)

Just an amazingly well-done app that is a veritable time machine. A Lounger "must-have"...;)

Tatum

Practically Family
Errr... Most of my iPad apps are work, with the exception of scrabble and some gardening apps. I do use the Kindle app a LOT as I am a voracious reader.

I am curious to see everyone's suggestions!

I've been reading "Unbroken" on mine. Love it.
There are some apps with historical content, and well, 100's of 1000's of others to try. Just experiment. But DO download "AppShopper". It tells you what apps are new, and more importantly, which ones are on sale - sometimes free offers. I always get apps on sale, many of which occur on holidays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko