Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW 2010 Stetson Whippet

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Well guys, thanks to Hatco I will soon be giving the new Whippet a trial run. I will post up pictures and give my impressions of it once it arrives. I'm pretty excited to see it and get a look at how the dimensions stack up.

Sounds good Bart! I look forward to your report.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Well guys, thanks to Hatco I will soon be giving the new Whippet a trial run. I will post up pictures and give my impressions of it once it arrives. I'm pretty excited to see it and get a look at how the dimensions stack up.

This should be good!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I recieved the 2010 Stetson Whippet that Hatco kindly sent to me to try out. I will take any pictures you guys would like to see and feel free to ask any questions you have that I don't think to mention but I have to say this after putting it on the first time........I want one of my own!
Here are some pictures I took fresh out of the box (I will get some noggin shots up later today:D ). Some I took with my vintage Whippet for comparison.
Dimensionally the crown in just as tall or taller than the Whippet it is next to.
whippet001.jpg

whippet002.jpg

whippet003.jpg

whippet004.jpg

whippet005.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Wow. I have to say the Whippet straw actually looks a little better in those pictures than in the first picture we saw of it. It appears to be a pretty good resemblance to the classic Whippet. What color is that ribbon? I can't decide if it's gray, though it appears to maybe have a hint of 'olive green' to it...? [huh]

Looking forward to the head shots, Bart!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
The brim is soft and malleable and the crown is slightly stiffer.
The sizing caught me by surprise because I am a eggheaded 7 1/8 and this 7 1/4 fits me perfectly. Really it feels like a custom fit.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
ScionPI2005 said:
Wow. I have to say the Whippet straw actually looks a little better in those pictures than in the first picture we saw of it. It appears to be a pretty good resemblance to the classic Whippet. What color is that ribbon? I can't decide if it's gray, though it appears to maybe have a hint of 'olive green' to it...? [huh]

Looking forward to the head shots, Bart!

I took it off my noggin to get another look at the ribbon.:D It is a true light brown. If anything it has just the slightest hint of copper in it.

carldelo

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
The brim is soft and malleable and the crown is slightly stiffer.
The sizing caught me by surprise because I am a eggheaded 7 1/8 and this 7 1/4 fits me perfectly. Really it feels like a custom fit.

Looks pretty sweet - if you know, what's the crown height at the front pinch and the brim width? Isn't the ribbon brown?
I thought the straw Brewster looked better, but now I'm not so sure...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
carldelo said:
Looks pretty sweet - if you know, what's the crown height at the front pinch and the brim width? Isn't the ribbon brown?
I thought the straw Brewster looked better, but now I'm not so sure...

I was leaning toward the Brewster originally and it still looks great but having this one on my head seals the deal.
The brim is 2 1/2"
Crown at front is 4 1/2"
Crown at sides (tallest part) is 4 7/8"
Crown at the back (lowest part) is 3 15/16"

Almost forgot, the ribbon work is a light brown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred