Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Acquisitions

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Vivacious. The hat is terrific and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I rarely have a bad ebay transaction but you definitely went the extra mile!!

Rick, My daughter has a keen sense of light and balance. She has become quite good and we have forced her into becoming our official holiday photographer because she always gets the money shots. I think this one was taken with my old AE1. I wish I could drag her around with me all day so she could get great pics of me and my hats but alas she has a life too.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Thank you Vivacious. The hat is terrific and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I rarely have a bad ebay transaction but you definitely went the extra mile!!

Rick, My daughter has a keen sense of light and balance. She has become quite good and we have forced her into becoming our official holiday photographer because she always gets the money shots. I think this one was taken with my old AE1. I wish I could drag her around with me all day so she could get great pics of me and my hats but alas she has a life too.
Douglas,

If you don't mind me asking, where was that shot taken and do you have a larger version you could post?

Thanks.

DOUGLAS

Mr.L, That shot was taken at my mothers home upstate NY.
of50332443-18.jpg

There are others from this day but I have not transfered them yet.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Mr.L, That shot was taken at my mothers home upstate NY.
of50332443-18.jpg

There are others from this day but I have not transfered them yet.
I was hoping it was Upstate. My wife's family is from Columbia County, and though I sit here in SoCal, I pine for those types of snowy winter days in which the world becomes monotone gray with muted shades of color and it doesn't matter what kind of film is used - it ALL looks black and white.

Thanks for sharing.

DOUGLAS

This color Jimmy seems to glow and give off light. It brings out my baby blues.;)

DOUGLAS

Hey RBH, Thanks. BTW I am diggin that supernatural in your avatar. For some reason I can't seem to hold on to a good straw hat. I only buy the cheap ones. I am always nervous about destroying a nicely made panama :eek: Yours is definitely nice.

RBH

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Hey RBH, Thanks. BTW I am diggin that supernatural in your avatar. For some reason I can't seem to hold on to a good straw hat. I only buy the cheap ones. I am always nervous about destroying a nicely made panama :eek: Yours is definitely nice.

Thanks Mr D!
I do love that Supernatural. :D
I wish I could come across another one just like it. The thing about those hats are that they are REALLY tough... or they would not have lasted this long.
I hope you have some luck in finding you one.

DOUGLAS

Dean, the color in the photo shows the true color combination. The ribbon is almost violet.
RBH , I hope I find a decent one that will fit me. If I do see one I will snatch it up.
DJ, I think Dinerman has got the Blarney Stone. He been getting some amazing lids lately.

DOUGLAS

NEXT IN

I know this thread is getting a bit long in the tooth but this came today.
It is a beautiful hat. It is a bit snug but I will work that out in time. The color is really nice and the felt as soft as a cloud.
It has quite a few moth holes most of which are on the underside of the brim. Other than that the hat is perfect. the sweat looks brand new and unused. I really have a fondness for this type and era of hat, they just seem to have put a lot of thought in to their hats always with the wearer in mind.
DSCN4940.jpg

DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4951.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4939.jpg

DSCN4980.jpg

DSCN4962.jpg

DOUGLAS

It is realy nice, I just wish it were a bit bigger and had less moth damage. I know it will be hard to find one in this condition if at all so I am counting my blessings.

I don't know Dman, the moths really seem to like the soft felt in the lighter colors

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's unfortunate, because on a darker color hat, mothing isn't as noticeable, as the shadow cast by the indent diesn't contrast so much.

And I'm sure that with some time, another one in your size in mint condition will come along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy