Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 50's Half Belt Deluxe (with pics)

Sorry these aren't the good pics as my wife forgot her cable for the SLR. But, you'll get some of how it looks below with my lesser quality ones for now. The other is my son and his new Aero B3.
I love this jacket. It is as follows - with the only little glitch being the olive thread I wanted didn't make it, but considering how many times I altered my order, I can't be sore about it.

50's Half Belt Deluxe.
Oil-Pull FQHH
Dark brown Corduroy pockets all-around.
Dark brown heavy cotton twill in sleeves.
1.5" leather along inner jacket bottom.
"Chisholm Hunting Modern" Tartan inside.
A2-snaps on collar.
Snaps on cuffs - not buttons (and I'm glad I did that)
RAF style fur collar (detachable). Works great - no issues putting on or taking off. Two-buttons, typical Aero design.
Aero brass zips all-around.

The Oil-Pull has a reddish tint to it, which I love. In comparison to the Brown FQHH HG-5, it's more pliable (won't stand up on it's own) and will be probably not as difficult to break-in.
The collar is comfy, and I love the color.
Love the cord pockets - warm on these cold days.
The Tartan does not itch whatsoever. It's beautiful, and matches the hide and style perfectly (well, I think so)
It's the slimmest cut jacket I have. It was based on a 48, then altered. So now I have a 48, 50, and 52 Aero - all fit perfectly. lol
I'll post up more as I get them. I'm thrilled with this, and it was a blast being able to pick it up at the factory and meet some of the crew.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00394-a.jpg

smoz

One of the Regulars
Congratulations, that's a good looking jacket, I initially placed an order for something quite similar (50's HBD, brown FQHH, detachable mouton collar, button cuffs, button throat latch, the Chisholm Hunting modern was also on my shortlist of linings) before I changed my mind and went for an A-2. I have a feeling I may end up with a fifties HBD eventually.

You mention that you are glad you specified snaps not buttons on the cuffs, any reason why you prefer them? I like the look of both but was thinking about going for buttons to match the detachable collar and throat latch.

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Fabulous jacket! the RAF sheepskin collar looks better than any I've seen and was an inspired choice!
I bet your son hasn't felt the cold!!

D

Congratulations, that's a good looking jacket, I initially placed an order for something quite similar (50's HBD, brown FQHH, detachable mouton collar, button cuffs, button throat latch, even the Chisholm Hunting modern was on my shortlist of linings) before I changed my mind and went for an A-2. I have a feeling I may end up with a fifties HBD eventually.

You mention that you are glad you specified snaps not buttons on the cuffs, any reason why you prefer them? I like the look of both but was thinking about going for buttons to match the detachable collar and throat latch.

Thank you! I like the buttons because they're easy to manipulate on the fly, and I used them often already. With gloves, it's a snap lol
Buttons may have looked better (toss a coin) but to me, it was about function, and I feel happy. Since I'm not pulling off the collar often, buttons are the way to go. Being in the cold and wind, the hide didn't give much yet, but it is softer than the regular brown FQHH. Slight "sueding" to it, and to me, it's nice. Not nearly as dark and brown as my samples were.

Fabulous jacket! the RAF sheepskin collar looks better than any I've seen and was an inspired choice!
I bet your son hasn't felt the cold!!

D

Thanks D. Yeah, he's happy he got that for sure! We were in Kelso, and that place was cooooold. He's out to Newcastle tonight, so they're perfect for the cold. Really happy with the new acquisition. Aero did me right!

Tony B

One of the Regulars
That is a cracker, I like the olive drab thread on the darker brown leather but I am not sure it would have added anything to that one as it is pretty bloody gorgeous as it is.

it is interesting to hear is is more pliable than the FQHH as that is one thing that was putting me off a bit, the jacket I was after from aero is meant to be a heavy winter jacket but I didn't want it in a leather that would be stiff in the cold.

You said you were in newcastle today did you feel out of place ....because I assume all the locals were still in teeshirts.....I remember being up there one new years eve and being made to feel like a big soft southern jesse for wearing a jacket, and that was well below freezing.

Couple of questions, do the pop studs near the throat hold the collar down or are they something to do with the add on moulton collar? and does the factry smell as good as I/we would imagine it does.

Regards Tony

@ Tony: No, they were surprisingly dressed for the weather. But in "downtown" Durham, they were in T's. Wow, I felt like a wuss, but warm lol
The Oil-Pull is stiff because it's new and cold here. But I think in a short time, that will fade and it will be perfect.
But in York, they were dressed warmly too. The wind was why. Not too cold in and of itself, but the winds were brutal.
The snaps are for when I don't have the collar on. I like the ability to snap 'em down like on my A2s. The factory smells good, and I got lots of pics of that too. most of the good ones are on the wife's camera, which I will post when I get back and have organized.
Thanks for then compliments fellas.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Great jackets Butte. Love the sheepskin collar on your HB, it looks great, and I bet it's lovely and warm!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your stay in the UK too.

@ coffee: thanks much friend. Appreciate all the good wishes.

@ Aether: Thank you as well - it's wonderful here. Next time, Germany, Austria and Ireland (odd combo huh)

@ Jansolo: Thank YOU for all you initial help with it all! I still have your notes on things I should do and it was a big help - as are all the guys here.

I feel like this was a group effort. It took a lot of reading, asking and prodding to get what I wanted. Next one should prove less emotional lol

Cooperson

One Too Many
Absolutely stunning Half belt, beautiful hide and some great features. The leather strip along the bottom and the corduroy hand warmer pockets are a must for any new Aero IMO. The detachable collar is an inspired addition - looks like two different jackets for the price of one. The Chisholm tartan really does go well with color of the oil pull hide.

Great features, great jacket - enjoy!

@ cooperson: thank you. Not sure what's more fun, getting the jacket or the approval of this group.
I feel I did well. I just realized I haven't worn it sans collar lol
Have to see how that looks!

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Butte, both you and the boy are looking sharp!!! I love all of the details. The linning looks great same with the collar. Favor me this, poke around and see if mines done, would ya! Im getting antsy here (and cold). - Jared

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou