Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bootlegger v. 2.0 CXL Brown

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Thank you Tony! Not my best photo for sure, but it was a fun diversion from the heat today. :)

For those who asked, the boots are White's with the heavy lugged Vibram soles on them. Overkill for this time of year, but very comfortable and supportive (high arch) boots. Thanks for the comments!

Update! Bootlegger 3.0 has arrived well ahead of expectations and it did not dissapoint! At first glance the 3 probably seem quite similar but there are subtle differences that with each revision made the jacket a little bit better for me. This iteration features the a1 epaulettes, single yoke back (no gussets), standard cuff with storm cuffs (which allows for considerable more arm room), deleted lapel button hole, add throat latch and hand warmer zips.

The chest zip closes upward toward the shoulder. Lined in brown corduroy, OD drill in the sleeves, contrast OD stitching. The biggest change however might not be visible. I added 1/2" to each side panel and this makes a world of difference. 2.0 was an excellent fit with just a t-shirt under it. But I really couldn't get anything else under it and that really hindered it's use. The additional 1/2" to each side has made the jacket much more wearable with layers without sacrificing a slim profile.
Below are a couple pics. The light here is awful but the fit can be seen pretty well. Huge thanks to Carrie and from Tony with a "y" to Toni with an "I" at Aero, thank you very much!
Here are some right out the box pics of the bootaviator:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
That color is so rich and has such depth. I feel like I could go swimming in it. Almost like a melted chocolate look to it.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Update! Bootlegger 3.0 has arrived well ahead of expectations and it did not dissapoint! At first glance the 3 probably seem quite similar but there are subtle differences that with each revision made the jacket a little bit better for me. This iteration features the a1 epaulettes, single yoke back (no gussets), standard cuff with storm cuffs (which allows for considerable more arm room), deleted lapel button hole, add throat latch and hand warmer zips.

The chest zip closes upward toward the shoulder. Lined in brown corduroy, OD drill in the sleeves, contrast OD stitching. The biggest change however might not be visible. I added 1/2" to each side panel and this makes a world of difference. 2.0 was an excellent fit with just a t-shirt under it. But I really couldn't get anything else under it and that really hindered it's use. The additional 1/2" to each side has made the jacket much more wearable with layers without sacrificing a slim profile.
Below are a couple pics. The light here is awful but the fit can be seen pretty well. Huge thanks to Carrie and from Tony with a "y" to Toni with an "I" at Aero, thank you very much!
Here are some right out the box pics of the bootaviator:
View attachment 155062
View attachment 155063
View attachment 155060
View attachment 155059

Jacket looks spectacular! The back in particular I like a lot. So much cleaner than with those gussets. Never understood the fascination for these in the first place.. and yeh, it's visible a more comfortable fit! Now break this one in and don't sell it again before it ages to even greater beauty!

Hh121

Banned
Spectacular compare to others! But your previous brown edition and 30s HB fits better, as well as the hide.

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Finally!! Looks super nice! Agree that the fit looks a little more “fitting” compared to the others. Since your posture is quite similar it’s easy to see the differences! Hopefully this jacket will get some wear. I have the feeling Cordovan could only become nicer and nicer! Plus: please more pictures in better light! Well done!
All good things come in three ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful there Tony!! That Cordovan steerhide looks awesome on this jacket. And I agree with you on the fit. In the Windy City, it's important to be able to have a shirt & vest on under it. This one should do it!! Great work there and the 50's HB is seeing some good action these days. Maybe I'll get a fit photo up of it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW