Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bootlegger v. 2.0 CXL Brown

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Update! Bootlegger 3.0 has arrived well ahead of expectations and it did not dissapoint! At first glance the 3 probably seem quite similar but there are subtle differences that with each revision made the jacket a little bit better for me. This iteration features the a1 epaulettes, single yoke back (no gussets), standard cuff with storm cuffs (which allows for considerable more arm room), deleted lapel button hole, add throat latch and hand warmer zips.

The chest zip closes upward toward the shoulder. Lined in brown corduroy, OD drill in the sleeves, contrast OD stitching. The biggest change however might not be visible. I added 1/2" to each side panel and this makes a world of difference. 2.0 was an excellent fit with just a t-shirt under it. But I really couldn't get anything else under it and that really hindered it's use. The additional 1/2" to each side has made the jacket much more wearable with layers without sacrificing a slim profile.
Below are a couple pics. The light here is awful but the fit can be seen pretty well. Huge thanks to Carrie and from Tony with a "y" to Toni with an "I" at Aero, thank you very much!
Here are some right out the box pics of the bootaviator:
View attachment 155062
View attachment 155063
View attachment 155060
View attachment 155059
You're done. Stop.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
Looks great. I also think BL 2.0 looks better than 3.0, but I certainly understand choosing function over form. I’ve got an STF BL coming via Thurston that I credit to FL and BL’s 1.0 and 2.0. This thread only makes the wait harder.

Looks great. I also think BL 2.0 looks better than 3.0, but I certainly understand choosing function over form. I’ve got an STF BL coming via Thurston that I credit to FL and BL’s 1.0 and 2.0. This thread only makes the wait harder.
Yeah the t shirt fit I’ll reserve for the Bates CR. I want to at least get a flannel under this and hey...it’s fat proof!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Yeah the t shirt fit I’ll reserve for the Bates CR. I want to at least get a flannel under this and hey...it’s fat proof!
Gorgeous jacket, as all of your’s are. Classy personal touches as well.
I still can’t figure how you ever got into the Aged Steer CR i got from Ksozay!!
B

Could you post concurrent photos of 1,2,3?
No. But. Since you asked
1.0 boot CHP
613993CE-C482-4778-9CB4-FC1C7BA8E9C3.png

2.0 Bootracer
93725FE9-CF36-4475-878A-A2ABF0ED9ABB.jpeg

3.0 Bootaviator
2B4CD1E3-3D76-457E-8A77-59A0269D59F7.jpeg

Edit...I thought you asked for current LOL. Hoist on my own petard.

willyto

One Too Many
As cool as the first 2 ones looked let's be real here. What use is the leather jacket if he can't even wear a shirt underneath? He lives in Chicago, not in California or Florida where he can get away with wearing just a tee.

This one looks great and functional, just break it in and will look even better when the rigid look of the jacket settles on.

As cool as the first 2 ones looked let's be real here. What use is the leather jacket if he can't even wear a shirt underneath? He lives in Chicago, not in California or Florida where he can get away with wearing just a tee.

This one looks great and functional, just break it in and will look even better when the rigid look of the jacket settles on.
I honestly think it’s the fit of the first two that (ultimately) led me to sell them on. I couldn’t get but a few weeks of wear out of 1 & 2. I plan on giving 3 the October to April Chicago gauntlet! Had either 1 or 2 had that wee bit of room...the successor never would’ve been. If I even begin muttering about a 4th.. dear God I’ll ban myself.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think #3 wins overall. I recall #2's leather being pretty spectacular in some of your photos, but yep, #3 it is. Due to the "action" taking place in the lapel region. More compact seeming; collar looks a tiny bit smaller than the others. Hard to explain, but it's pleasing to the eye. Fit is fine. #1 in retrospect looks a bit odd due to the windflap not being tucked under the other side. #3 is your best fit.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Great make-up on this one and it fits you great. That cordovan steer is a thing of beauty. Really think you dialed in the fit and specs on this particular quest. I'm personally glad it took you a couple of tries because I've been wearing the 2.0 a bunch and man I love that jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24