Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bootlegger v. 2.0 CXL Brown

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Sleeve shrinkage really depends on how long your sleeves are to start with.
IMO the sleeves of your Ridley are too long in the first place, meaning they stack on your wrist, that will cause a lot of creasing and shortening of the sleeve.
If you start out with a shorter sleeve that doesn't rest on your wrist you won't have all that stacking, and you won't have much if any sleeve shortening.
If anything, like you say the sleeve will actually lengthen a bit as the shoulders relax and drop.

The whole "you should order longer because sleeves shrink" hasn't applied to any of my leather jackets.
IMO this is how you end up with too long a sleeve.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do not say you should order significantly longer. My experience comes from my Boardracer where the sleeves ended exactly at my wrist (unzipped, naturally falling) when new. After about half a year of wear I wish they were still at this place and not shortened about 0.5-1 inch).
With my Ridley, I usualy wear the zippers at the arms unzipped so that the jacket cannot be stacked, however still creasing happened (which from my point of you looks great). It also depends on what you do with the jacket. I also use it for riding and thus prefer slightly longer arms.

PS: In general I would recommend to listen to Carlos advice - he is way more experienced in jackets than I am!
Armlength.png

Last edited:
I ordered a customized Bootlegger with Aero just a week ago. Went with zipsleeves (hidden CR style), a Irvin fur collar and slightly different pocket set up. Wasn't sure at first whether or not to go through with it because the multiple extra charges moved the jacket into new high territory for me, but boiii.. looking at those great pictures in this thread, I know I did the right thing.

Btw, Aero measures sleeve length differently than most of us here in sale threads, here's a picture Holly sent me:
View attachment 155237

This turned finding the right sleeve length to put on the order a bit of a hassle and I'm still afraid I may have gone too long. Mind measuring yours sleevelength in the fashion shown above and tell me? Maybe that helps. @ton312
That order sounds amazing!!! My sleeves measure 26.75” straight down as your “correct” photo shows. This is 1/4” shorter than 2.0. Hope that helps!

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I ordered a customized Bootlegger with Aero just a week ago. Went with zipsleeves (hidden CR style), a Irvin fur collar and slightly different pocket set up. Wasn't sure at first whether or not to go through with it because the multiple extra charges moved the jacket into new high territory for me, but boiii.. looking at those great pictures in this thread, I know I did the right thing.

Btw, Aero measures sleeve length differently than most of us here in sale threads, here's a picture Holly sent me:
View attachment 155237

This turned finding the right sleeve length to put on the order a bit of a hassle and I'm still afraid I may have gone too long. Mind measuring yours sleevelength in the fashion shown above and tell me? Maybe that helps. @ton312
I always measure sleeve length the same straight way as shown by Aero Leather above,
never actually understood any other "curved" measurings along outer curve of the sleeves which just cause only confusion in the measurements with its strange enormous numbers like 27"-28'' along the curve of the sleeve.
So, Aero Leather just showed the correct way of measuring sleeves, that's it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
wow, didn't see this earlier, cool final iteration, but shouldn't the collar be pierced with multiple hardware snaps to receive mouton collar, or you save that for Warmachine MK 1.0

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
No. But. Since you asked
1.0 boot CHP
View attachment 155083
2.0 Bootracer
View attachment 155084
3.0 Bootaviator
View attachment 155085
Edit...I thought you asked for current LOL. Hoist on my own petard.

The last one is the best imo, both in terms of fit, leather and specs. 1 and 2 were also great of course, but 3 is that much better. Having the standard cuffs takes it away from the biker look which I think is totally right for this pattern.
I’m more and more realizing that I don’t think it’s very desirable to have a super tight fit with the thick cxl leather. It makes the jacket too uncomfortable to wear. And at the end of the day, while not denying that it’s fun to have internet people compliment your jacket, a jacket needs to be reasonably comfortable to actually wear while you’re out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexB

One of the Regulars
The last one is the best imo, both in terms of fit, leather and specs. 1 and 2 were also great of course, but 3 is that much better. Having the standard cuffs takes it away from the biker look which I think is totally right for this pattern.
I’m more and more realizing that I don’t think it’s very desirable to have a super tight fit with the thick cxl leather. It makes the jacket too uncomfortable to wear. And at the end of the day, while not denying that it’s fun to have internet people compliment your jacket, a jacket needs to be reasonably comfortable to actually wear while you’re out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree! Can only quote Carrie here...

“you could technically go one size smaller, as we discussed in the fitting process, but it would be quite a snug fit. If you had gone with a lighter/softer leather, that would have been workable, but the CXL
FQHH can be too much in a tight fit! This fit has a little more room, but it still looks very good and you will have the space to layer in colder weather. It will look even better as it breaks in because right now all the seams are stiff and need to relax.”

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

miglan30

Familiar Face
Nice Tony, I like 3 as well...you can pull off all these jackets. I don't like the top arm zips on 2, never been a fan of those. If I ever get a BR, I will have them moved to the back of the arms where they belong.

3kids1dog2

New in Town
@plaupulp Sleeves and overall fit look good to me. Leather seems to be settling nicely.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do not say you should order significantly longer. My experience comes from my Boardracer where the sleeves ended exactly at my wrist (unzipped, naturally falling) when new. After about half a year of wear I wish they were still at this place and not shortened about 0.5-1 inch).
With my Ridley, I usualy wear the zippers at the arms unzipped so that the jacket cannot be stacked, however still creasing happened (which from my point of you looks great). It also depends on what you do with the jacket. I also use it for riding and thus prefer slightly longer arms.

PS: In general I would recommend to listen to Carlos advice - he is way more experienced in jackets than I am!
View attachment 155242
t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21