Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Hercules is here!

Parkpiper

New in Town
Thank you ebay! I was putting the final touches on placing an order for a LHB with Mark when I came across a Hercules on sale. A few bids and several days later here it is! This is my first post trying to attach photos so I will try it with one and then add some more later.

DSC_0043.jpg

Gotta love the "standing on it's own" shot!

Adam

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very nice. I think I saw that one on Ebay. Looking forward to additional pictures. I like it alot.

Mike

Parkpiper

New in Town
More pics

Aero Hercules, size 44
Brown FQHH
Royal Stewart Wool Lining
No storm cuffs
No front handwarmer pockets

This was purchased brand new on ebay from Mark Moye. I was in the process of putting together a LHB order when I came across this. The only differences being the tartan choice and not having handwarmer pockets.

DSC_0022.jpg
Right out of the box.

DSC_0027.jpg
Back view.

DSC_0028.jpg
Close up of half-belt and side straps.

Parkpiper

New in Town
DSC_0024.jpg
Inside tag. FQHH tag was placed in the front pocket as the person who originally ordered this jacket had family members fond of horses and did not want to advertise what the jacket was made out of.

DSC_0023.jpg
Royal Stewart Wool lining.

DSC_0025.jpg
Inside vertical pocket.

Parkpiper

New in Town
DSC_0026.jpg
Front pocket flap. Pocket flap has the wool tartan on it but the pockets themselves are lined in a very soft velvety material.

DSC_0044.jpg
Left chest zipper pocket.

DSC_0029.jpg
Sorry about the angle but I was trying to show the taper to the bottom of the back panel. This works out awesome because I am between a size 42-44 so I can pull the side straps all the way in and the taper helps keep the jacket from having the "bell" effect.

Once my assistant gets home from work I will see if she can take some photos of me wearing it so you can see how it looks on. She was a little hesitant when I told her how much I spent on this but when she saw it, she said it suits me. I will take that as approval!

Thanks to all for their advice and opinions on these jackets. That really helped me in feeling comfortable with such a large purchase. Also I have to give a big shout out to the jacket gods that let me stumble across this beauty!!!!

More photos to come...
Adam

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
New Aero

I thought Moye only took orders for the factory with usual wait time for custom making the jacket. What gives with this jacket ? Appears Moye had it in stock ? Thanks.

Parkpiper

New in Town
This was a sale jacket that was sold through ebay. I had already been in contact with Mark working out the details of placing an order for a LHB. Since I won this one, I contacted Mark to thank him for his time working with me on my other order. The only info I can gather on this jacket is that it was a custom order for someone that was not produced to their specifications (possibly forgot to add the handwarmer pockets?). I can only guess at the custom part because Mark has informed me that whoever ordered this jacket did not want their family to know what type of leather it was made of so the FQHH label was sewn into the front left pocket.

I think it was just a case of being lucky and looking at the right time. I was already going to place an order so I just ended up with a cheaper and quicker jacket. Not that I can use it anytime soon, Maryland doesn't cool down these days until late September.

Adam

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ha, I can solve this mystery. Very glad this jacket worked out
so well for you, Adam.

After six months I was delighted to receive the jacket I ordered.
I opened the box hoping to find my black size 50 with black cotton
drill torso lining and sateen sleeve lining. Imagine my disappointment
to find a brown size 44 with bright red tartan lining. I guess Mark didn't
even compare the jacket to the order before shipping it across the country.

I did order it without the hand warmer pocket and with the inside
wallet pocket, so apologies if that is not to your liking... :rolleyes:

Mark mixed up two orders and this unholy hybrid was the result.
I guess the other order came out right, but I am still waiting for mine...
Mark didn't respond to my last inquiry.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Parkpiper said:
This was a sale jacket that was sold through ebay. I had already been in contact with Mark working out the details of placing an order for a LHB. Since I won this one, I contacted Mark to thank him for his time working with me on my other order. The only info I can gather on this jacket is that it was a custom order for someone that was not produced to their specifications (possibly forgot to add the handwarmer pockets?). I can only guess at the custom part because Mark has informed me that whoever ordered this jacket did not want their family to know what type of leather it was made of so the FQHH label was sewn into the front left pocket.

I think it was just a case of being lucky and looking at the right time. I was already going to place an order so I just ended up with a cheaper and quicker jacket. Not that I can use it anytime soon, Maryland doesn't cool down these days until late September.

Adam

Hey Adam... I didn't realize you're in Maryland, bro. I'm in Gaithersburg myself. Whereabouts are you in Maryland?

Would be cool to meet up with you sometime and see your beautiful jacket in person... not sure if you've seen my Aero jacket type in person (NYPD).

Enjoy the jacket in good health. :)

Navin

Windward

Practically Family
WOW

have to say thats a real beauty and the brown FQHH looks simply fantastic - thanks for sharing and enjoy your new "Flagship" :eusa_clap

Parkpiper

New in Town
Feltfan - Thanks for the update. I was kind of hoping someone from the Lounge would have some insight into this jacket. Now I have more of the whole story of where this jacket came from. No big deal about the handwarmer pockets, I do not easily get cold and I was actually thinking of removing them from my original order anyways.

I currently work closely with horses each day so just like your family my wife was extremely hesitant when I told her I wanted a horse hide jacket. ONce she saw it and after I explained where the hides come from she has settled down a bit.

Mark was nothing but great to work with so it is unusual that you have not heard back. I hope everything turns out for your order and I can't wait to see some pics!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did finally hear back. Looks like my order didn't get in before the
two week August vacation at Aero. So the best I can expect is to
get my jacket eight (8) months after I ordered it, by the time it is
made, shipped to Mark and then shipped to me. I sure hope it fits.

Extremely disappointing. Especially since we've had such a cold
summer here in the Bay Area.

Very glad this is working out so well for *someone*!

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Nice jacket, parkpiper. I saw it on the 'bay,

and wondered who'd be the lucky guy who ended up with it. I have a Herc, as well, FQHH cordovan. Mine was pretty stiff for quite a long while, and then one day, it just 'settled down' and got all comfy. Enjoy your new prize. Again, nice jacket.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Parkpiper said:
Thank you ebay! I was putting the final touches on placing an order for a LHB with Mark when I came across a Hercules on sale. A few bids and several days later here it is! This is my first post trying to attach photos so I will try it with one and then add some more later.

DSC_0043.jpg

Gotta love the "standing on it's own" shot!

Adam
Just beautiful! I love the jacket, expecially the lining!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic