Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Multi-Panel Irvin (pic heavy)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Damn straight! Tragically, I was heading out today, and I turned to my other half and said "Do you think...?" and she just shook her head.:D

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Forgot to add, Great Irvin replica Craig. A bit like my original every day wearer a few years ago. The arms are just a little long but great for driving in it, especially if the heater does not work haha, then they sit just right,

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, John. I'm going to give the sleeves a chance to wear in and shorten naturally. Better a little long than too short. As you say, the extra coverage is always appreciated when it gets really cold.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Looks fantastic Sloan :eusa_clap

Good to see that Aero have upped their game with their Irvins.

Perhaps a touch long in the arms but give it a month or two of serious wear and see if the sleeves ride up a bit. I personally virtually never wear mine with the sleeves fully zipped which might help a tad.

Failing that you can do a "Killy Kilmartin" and roll them up a bit ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Smithy, it's turned out really well - you never know, it could encourage a resurgence in Irvins on the Lounge! Ken said exactly the same about giving it some wear in on the sleeves before any adjustment.
With my DB and LHB, they both started long but with a bit of wear and rain they shortened up nicely, about 0.5" or so and didn't need any altering. I'm not sure what sort of reduction I can expect on the Irvin (anyone offer their experience on this?), but always better to start long and work from there. I've flipped over the cuffs for the time being, as Killy Kilmartin proves, it's a winning look!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely jacket Sloan, & a perfect fit. You need to get in some serious time with that little number.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Long arms on my ELC Battle of Britain which have a distinct automotive advantage during the colder months on 4 wheels or two. Just fold the cuffs back when not in motion. :cool:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Otter, Caterham's are the coolest cars! Had a go in one on Knockhill track years ago, would love to own one. They're Prisoner-tastic:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
HI Craig, this one is actually a Lotus Seven. Im not a great Prisoner fan but someone else is sure to pick up on it;)
J

Otter

One Too Many
You have to have a sense of humour to own one. With the realy low ground learance and the fact it is floored with folded sheet aluminium means that the interior get damp from the bottom up in rain. when you turn the (optional) heater on, it turns into a sauna and poaches you up to waist hight then freezes you above the waist. If you have the hood up then there is only one way to get in, a specific series of moves to follow, otherwise you just fail to fit in! Great fun car though, I had a 1700 Super Sprint in British Racing Green with the Lotus yellow racing colours, 0-60 in 5.5 seconds!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like the quintessential vintage sports car experience! Actually, I've been doing a little bit 'prep work' with it - just wearing it around the house a little, over a t-shirt and with the heating off(!), while I've been doing stuff - and it's already beginning to wrinkle up a little, so I'm hopeful to avoid the need for manual adjustment.

Edward

Bartender
I know this is not 'Key word spamming' but this must surly qualify as a little bit misleading;) Or at least purposely created to drag in the Aero searches anyway
It's your favourite pet hate Edward, am I right? Key word spamming that is.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Adventures-Jacket-by-Alexander-Leather-FQHH-MOTO-ROADSTER-40-Horsehide-/111171602636?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item19e25808cc

Yes, that's the thing. It seems to be very common in the leather jacket market to use "Aero" as a keyword, and then to a lesser extent Buzz Rickson, Eastman, and Real MaCoys. (The Japanese names are more common when you're looking at B15s and such). It guarantees that your stuff will come up in the search returns for someone who has searched for Aero or whatever other brand you put in, but it's an abuse of another person's trademark, and can mislead bidders. That particular seller is far from alone in doing this, though it is the only one I have personally ever seen selling new jackets, as distinct from second hand examples, in this way. It's a clear violation of eBay's own selling rules, though it goes on so often I'm not sure they're particularly worried about enforcing it (obviously here in Europe they would be unwise to go looking for examples rather than waiting for complaints). He used to use 'Aero' a lot more in the text, and the titles were "Aero Leathers Alexander Leathers", but I see now he's backed that off. The trading name seems to have been changed to "Aero Adventures". Kinda reminds me of those "Calvin Club" et cetera cheap boxers you see on the market, but presumably it works for others or they'd not stay in business.

Edward

Bartender
HI Craig, this one is actually a Lotus Seven. Im not a great Prisoner fan but someone else is sure to pick up on it;)
J

Yip. Caterham are the current owners of the design rights: after Lotus ceased production of the 7 in 1972, Caterham bought the rights to the design and the name (7, not Lotus, obviously). There are other companies building kit cars that are close to a Lotus 7, but with certain key differences, as Caterham can prevent anyone else making an exact copy. Nice cars, though lacking in luggage space and so on... I'd prefer a Morgan myself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterham_7

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I cant believe the jacket is only 23" in back-length. Is this really true. It looks long in the pic and you are 175cm wich is a smidge short but not noticable so. Im 179cm and the 25" i got from Aero isnt even covering my belt when zipped up.

I know im fatter then you, and that would make the jacket "sit" more on me and not hang as much but this cant be the full story.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll pull it out of the storage holdall and give it a measure tonight, but I'm fairly sure that was the original measurement. It's a short jacket, but as my gf has pointed out, I'm also more leg than torso...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot