Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Multi-Panel Irvin (pic heavy)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Wow. Thanks.

Well...i feel a little wierd since they all seem short and I dont want to alter this too much, but still its gotta cover my belt.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Would you consider sizing up? That would give you a bit more length, plus some woolly mittens to keep your hands warm!

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yes I agree, but I think its also made for sitting down. I will mostly be standing I think and to make my winter jacket my shortets jacket also doesnt make sense, even if its period correct.

I think Ill ask Aero about standard length in size 42 and 44 and take it from there. Maybe the 42 is close so if ill add 1" it wont destroy the design imho. Good?

Plumbline

One Too Many
It is a bit short IMHO ... I'm a shortarse at 170cm and even my Highwayman is 25" back.

My Simmonds Bilt ( my shortest jacket is 24.75" )

Period correct it may be but my Eastman Irvin was 24.75" and it felt too short, would probably look fine with high wasit trousers.

Just MHO .. I guess it depends on your back length and how you like to wear your jackets.

My only issue with increasing length for "the modern body" (whatever the hell that means) as many companies do in order to get any business, is that it fundamentally alters the look particular styles of jacket. With something so iconic as the Irvin (which was, after all, always intended to be worn with the trousers), the increase makes the body of the jacket *look* far too long in my eyes, and a completely different jacket than the RAF Irvin. As always, IMO.

My perfect leather jackets sit right at my waist or just very slightly below. I'm 158. The jackets are 19-21" long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot