Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Original Hercules in Midnight Blue

tpschar

New in Town
I just received my Aero Original Hercules in Midnight Blue CXL. I really like this style. It's much more comfortable right out of the box than I expected. The Midnight Blue is such an amazing color, very deep and stormy. In sunlight there are bits of almost iridescent green. I tried to get some good shots to represent it. Almost makes me forget all about Cordovan!

I thought the regular collar was a bit too wide, so I decided to go with the August collar. The August collar is probably a little too small, but I still prefer it overall. The collar and cuffs both have corduroy and are very comfortable.

I don't think it could have come out any better for me - I'm going to wear this one a lot.

As usual, many thanks to @Carrie @ Thurston Bros. for all of her patience and invaluable advice throughout the process, from sending me the exact fit jacket I requested, to sizing, thread, liner and collar choices.

On to the pics!
front_indoor.png
liner_with_labels.jpg
sleeve_in_sunlight.jpg
deck_back.jpg
deck_sleeve2.jpg
deck_front_unzipped_fit.jpg
deck_front_partial_zip_fit.jpg

Attachments

• deck_sleeve.png
    deck_sleeve.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I just received my Aero Original Hercules in Midnight Blue CXL. I really like this style. It's much more comfortable right out of the box than I expected. The Midnight Blue is such an amazing color, very deep and stormy. In sunlight there are bits of almost iridescent green. I tried to get some good shots to represent it. Almost makes me forget all about Cordovan!

I thought the regular collar was a bit too wide, so I decided to go with the August collar. The August collar is probably a little too small, but I still prefer it overall. The collar and cuffs both have corduroy and are very comfortable.

I don't think it could have come out any better for me - I'm going to wear this one a lot.

As usual, many thanks to @Carrie @ Thurston Bros. for all of her patience and invaluable advice throughout the process, from sending me the exact fit jacket I requested, to sizing, thread, liner and collar choices.

On to the pics! View attachment 407540 View attachment 407550 View attachment 407551 View attachment 407543 View attachment 407553 View attachment 407545 View attachment 407544
I’ve yet to see the midnight blue in person but it sure looks great in pictures! I like the collar choice as well.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Timeless pattern and great colour! Looking forward to seeing this age.

I’ve got an older badge of Midnight Blue that has faded to a prtty matte slate-grey (I believe @JMax has a CHP from the same badge of Midnite…). Looks pretty cool, but I sure prefer the original blue.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have been eyeing one of these Herc cossack for a long time myself. The TB version with the cinch on the waist is better than the original imo, gives better shape. Mid night blue CXL and the Cordo are Horween's one two punch. I haven't seen one that I did not liked. They change color depending on light and always looks classy. Well done on the Herc cossack.

You know what, I'm calling astroturfing on this. Practice a certain dealership is well acquainted with. If it's not, I apologize but the vibe of this thread is sus.

tpschar

New in Town
You know what, I'm calling astroturfing on this. Practice TB is well acquainted with. If it's not, I apologize but the vibe of this thread is sus.
I wish. Maybe then buying this jacket wouldn't have hurt my wallet so much.

Sorry if it came across that way, definitely not intended!

EDIT: Let me be very, very clear about this, since it involves the reputation of others. I am nothing more than a customer.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket! I have a GW Hercules and that rear yoke and stitching detail on this model has to be one of the nicest of any jacket I’ve seen or owned. I love the midnight blue as well.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
AMAZING! Lining matches perfectly as well. Really like this style in midnight blue.

I owned a Premier Highwayman that was Tony's in a similar midnight blue. It was really nice, but the jacket itself was just a bit too small so I moved it on. It was also the least-still FQHH Aero I have owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko