Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Sea Biscuit half-belt

pauleway

Practically Family
I do like the belted cuffs on the jacket, and thought the movie was really good. There were a lot of nice vintage wool jacket designs in that film also!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love it. In fact, when i bought my Aero half belt back in 2005, it was because I wanted the jacket in Seabiscuit and the half belt was the closest I'd seen to it. Thanks to Ken for being 10 years too late for me! lol I love my half belt though, I've sure had some fun adventures in it.

ProteinNerd

Never liked the large collar look. That style collar is what we called the "Count Dracula" look!:D

Dracula or Wolverine?

wolvie.jpg

This is ridiculous. It's as if someone was making a caricature of a 70's jacket, who never saw anything from the decade, only with cool styleforum details like the two huge pockets. Also:
BJIZJA1CQAATqDX.jpg%20large_resize_zpsus3kcgmd.jpg

pauleway

Practically Family
The Seabiscuit is a combo of the 30's HB,- Dustbowl(back),and- Wayfarer(sleeves). Nice jacket, just tell them to put the normal sized Aero collar on it!!;)

tonypaj

Practically Family
A jacket as vulgarly overstated and empty as the film it's from... :D

I like it. I don't mind being vulgarly overstated and empty, as I work with future Stephen Hawkingses, who pride themselves with pointless simpleness and inability to understand emotions or human life, misunderestimating (sorry, my favourite Bushism) their hero. Not saying you are one of them :)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice half belt but apart from the collar I don't see anything that really sets it apart from other offerings. The collar is such a bold statement it's going to be either love or hate, I suspect more of the latter which will severely limit its saleability. Now, if it had a Premier design collar on it, I'd be tempted.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

From what I understand, they are reluctant to switch around some of the collars. I could not for example, get the highway man or regular half belt collar on a premier half belt jacket.

pauleway

Practically Family
From what I understand, they are reluctant to switch around some of the collars. I could not for example, get the highway man or regular half belt collar on a premier half belt jacket.

Was on the Aero site, and the Premier collar is just as bad (too long and large) as the Seabiscuit collar (just my 2 cents)!:eusa_doh:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've never really thought about it until now but you're right Aero collars have often looked a little off to me. I always thought it was how they were folded, but it could well be the cut.

That's the rub though - companies like Aero, LW, GW making true to the original repops are doing it right. Trouble is, not a ton of people necessarily like all the details such as a large collar. Tough spot to be in - stay true or appeal to a larger audience? Both?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Now that it's been mentioned, I'm having a hard time looking past the collar. However, it looks like it tamed down quite a bit on the mannequin. I don't know how he does it, but he looks really classy in that jacket.

I'm sure the collar will mellow out in time. But it does seem like a prominent feature on this one, as my eye is drawn to it on the little mannequin pic.

Edward

Bartender

Doesn't surprise me. The different collar is one of the key, visible changes with the Premier fit. Aside from any patterning issues, there are marketing considerations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy